Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a balance shaft delete kit and im wondering if its even worth installing it.

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
Um ya it's worth every penny an just dont drop the balancer on you head like i did. i have an CAI, 67mm tb, alum flywheel, header, exhaust an i fly threw 1st an 2nd with the t2 diff. it's just alot of work.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
i am assuming you have a 2.3 pzev? as you are posting in the DT forum, and asking about the bsd.

if so, just remember that doing that will also add to your vibrations in the car. if u do mounts, it could become unbearable. just food for thought. i obv. dont know what u like/dislike as far as your ride.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
The vibrations are not bad at all with the rear mount and the transmission mount. They only become really bad once you add the passenger side mount.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
100% worth it, best $20 mod period

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
From what I was told by EGZ putting the shafts back on would be pretty hard. Apparently you have to sync the crankshaft and the balance shafts perfectly or it could make the vibrations worse.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks everyon, all of the information was a big help.
i'll be putting it on this weekend.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Or rather...taking it out.

I always was confused by that. You install a delete...makes my brain hurt...

·
Banned
12,597 Posts
The vibrations are not bad at all with the rear mount and the transmission mount. They only become really bad once you add the passenger side mount.
I beg to differ.

I have all 3 mounts. Prolly in the top 10 of the passenger mounts from FS.

CFM Race rear mount, then VF driver and VF/FS passenger.

I have full exhaust, intake, and other suspension mods, and it vibrates a little. Also I have a 2.3 Auto. If I take it out of drive and put it into Neutral, it is smooth as can be.

I don't get how it is really, bad, just let the mount break in a little and you should be fine.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
The mount was in for around 2 months before I did the BSD. The vibs were alright before it. After though was another story. My steering wheel shook like mad. Every vent rattled to the point where I had to put foam spacing in between them and their housing to eliminate it. Other unknown spots rattled like a mofo. And I don't mean a little rattle either. Like an unbalanced washing machine full of quarters... Really bad. I have vibrations in my car along with rattling noises right now but it isn't nearly as bad as it was.

So I would say it was broken in pretty darn well. I know it was installed properly too. Everything torqued to specs with my nice torque wrench.

·
Banned
12,597 Posts
I had all my mounts in before doing the BSD and it sucked. Once I took out the BS, it smoothed out a ton.

It shakes a little, but nothing horrible. I've had the D&P mounts for 30k or so I think.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
I had all my mounts in before doing the BSD and it sucked. Once I took out the BS, it smoothed out a ton.

It shakes a little, but nothing horrible. I've had the D&P mounts for 30k or so I think.
Huh. Maybe it has something to do with it being an auto. I dunno. Maybe someone else can chime in who has all three plus the BSD.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts