Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the piston is unable to depress back into the caliper does that usually mean the caliper is bad? I have an 02 SVT.

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
It could also be a bad brake line. open the bleeder and try again. if it compresses with the bleeder open, the line is clogged. most likely at the rubber line.

But, as mentioned above rears need to be rotated in. fronts just go straight in.

·
Registered
104 Posts
^^^^^^^And clean the brake fluid that spills out right away.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it is the right rear piston I have tried to depress and spin it at the same time and still no gain. I think It might be the hose but I am not sure I will try this tomorrow.
Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yeah it is the right rear piston I have tried to depress and spin it at the same time and still no gain. I think It might be the hose but I am not sure I will try this tomorrow.
Thanks for the responses.
Sometimes mine require a bit of reverse turning before trying to compress. I remember turning and turning for what seemed forever. I then reversed the direction briefly then continued. They seemed to compress much quicker at this point. Give it a try! One of my rears does require a little more work than the other, but they both work fine in the end.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I just did my brakes this summer on the cobra and they are the same type of piston. You really have to spin alot! of turns to turn it back in I bought one of those universal blocks and put it on my extension and turned it with my ratchet. It was necessary to bolt it back up on the bracket to get some leverage so the pins didnt slip as you turned it. You'll have to take the rotor off to do this too. I bet mine took 100 plus rotations.

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
Also check the guide bolts as that subject comes up frequently about them being stuck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts