Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,048 Posts
Does anyone know of a good air bag suspension for a 2003 zx3 hatchback?
Best bet will be bag over coil. No one makes a complete set anymore.

Easy Street was a good quality back when they were sold. I know a guy who is selling his air bags.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,048 Posts
Bump. Anyone else have more info? I'm interested as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk
What do you want to know? I had bags on mine for a hot second.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
What do you want to know? I had bags on mine for a hot second.

Eh, I just wanted to read more about it from someone who's already done it on mk1s. Maybe someone has done a write up that I haven't seen.

Yours looks awesome in the pic. I def want to bag at least one of mine and be able to sit as low as yours did.

What made you uninstall it? Was it too problematic for a DD?

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,048 Posts
Eh, I just wanted to read more about it from someone who's already done it on mk1s. Maybe someone has done a write up that I haven't seen.

Yours looks awesome in the pic. I def want to bag at least one of mine and be able to sit as low as yours did.

What made you uninstall it? Was it too problematic for a DD?
Well this one was an MK1...and I didn't see a write up anywhere either, it's sorta custom to each person doing it. I had a buddy who has bagged mini trucks help me with mine.

Parts wise I had the following.

Easy Street rear arms and bags
Airbagit front struts/bags
Airlift V2 Management System (came with lines, fittings, everything)
Viair 444c compressor
Airlift performance 5 gallon tank across the seats.

We ran the air line through the rockers for the front and through plastic caps in the trunk for the rear. This was all during the ecoboost swap so the car was all apart and didn't have anything getting in the way.

The reason for getting rid of the air ride, is simply because it wasn't my type of driving style. Throwing the ST motor in my MK1, I wasn't able to throw it around bends. It just felt kinda floaty. For city driving it would be fine but living out in the country with windy roads it just wasn't for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts