Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi own a 2001 ford focus not sure of milage on it,,last week when at a red light,car felt like it wanted to stall,happened about 3 times in a couple of days,,took to a garage,put it on a diagnostic computer,,( wasnt sounding rough when i went) they found nothing no codes came up ,nothing checked fluid stopped up oil but did say transmission fluid was dirty,, and said to bring back if it was acting up again ,,early wed morning ,leaving work i started my car,i had to jump out the smell of fumes and something else i cant pinpoint and it was bogging,,my next stop upon leaving i stood outside and could smell this same odor more so coming from under hood looked the smell was there,,,,,took it back to garage,,,they put on a hoist and had it running for 15 mins the car had already warmed up as it was later in afternoon when i got there,,3 mechanics were under sniffing and came up with nothing ,,leaving my friends house after shopping car had been sitting for 3-4 hours,it sounds so rough,, its getting worse,,would dirty transmission fluid make my car behave like this?

·
Registered
2004 Focus Wagon, Zetec DOHC, Auto
1,590 Posts
Welcome to FF.

Which engine do you have and is it a manual or automatic (I am assuming auto because you are saying dirty trans fluid). Better to put engine and trans info in your profile so that future posts will not require asking that.

"....own a 2001 ford focus not sure of milage on it"......is there something wrong with instrument cluster?

"....would dirty transmission fluid make my car behave like this?" Highly unlikely.

PCV hose can cause stalling (sometimes people say they can smell something too) and rough idle. Check that for cracks/splits/collapse.

Valve cover gasket leak can cause oil to drip onto exhaust. Coolant leak at thermostat housing or hoses onto exhaust can also cause bad odors.

Is this a recent purchase, or have you owned car awhile? Do you know much about its maintenance history?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi! ,was going to change transmission fluid today but place doenst change filter ,,was told dont waste my money ,,i was passed due for an oil change ,,got that done and theres improvement,,,seems to have fixed it,,

·
Registered
17,175 Posts
'nothing checked fluid stopped up oil'

Must be some sort of secret code..................

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As a matter of fact it is my car,,,and I didnt know the milage off hand,,as I was making this post,,151136km,,so kind of you to knock someones spelling mistakes,,oh it is a automatic 4 cyclinder to be exact,,bought car last Oct off a friend of mine,,I know complete history of car as well ,,car has been looked at 2 times by professional mechanics,,oh sorry make that 3,,But thanks anyways for your suggustion as to what the underlying issue maybe,,,When I find out what it is,I wont give you the satisfaction of knowing,,judging by your comment ,you dont dont give a rats ass anyways,,you pompus sarcastic PRICK!

·
Registered
637 Posts
As a matter of fact it is my car,,,and I didnt know the milage off hand,,as I was making this post,,151136km,,so kind of you to knock someones spelling mistakes,,oh it is a automatic 4 cyclinder to be exact,,bought car last Oct off a friend of mine,,I know complete history of car as well ,,car has been looked at 2 times by professional mechanics,,oh sorry make that 3,,But thanks anyways for your suggustion as to what the underlying issue maybe,,,When I find out what it is,I wont give you the satisfaction of knowing,,judging by your comment ,you dont dont give a rats ass anyways,,you pompus sarcastic PRICK!

Lololol I wasn't actually being serious. I knew what you meant. It was just a Tongue and cheek jab at some of the people on this forum who like to pick on people. But not everyone gets my sense of humor... Sigh, oh well

·
Registered
17,175 Posts
Not even smart enough to know no one pointed out any spelling mistakes, more like lucidity, or what planet did he come from? One can't fix what one cannot understand based on the OP's mental confusion. And OP should NOT bother answering back with the 'fix', most likely it will be incompetence and not fix anything, like so many others do.

I thought changing the oil fixed it, OP said so.............but now that's obviously not true. LOL...........

If one cannot take the time to make sure his question or musings are clear enough to be taken in by people who can think to help cure his problem then far better for them to simply go back to bashing the head against the brick wall there. At least that's something they can understand. Ah, yes, here's mechanic #4, right on time......

One thing websites like this make very loud and clear.................lower intelligence and the ultra quick response to get all pissed off are DNA linked. Testosterone is a poor substitute for good judgement.

Mandroid, stop.................you'll never be able to jab with me, who on earth did you think would take umbrage with that post? YOUR english construction was off as well...................

Fix the driver first...............

·
Registered
637 Posts
Not even smart enough to know no one pointed out any spelling mistakes, more like lucidity, or what planet did he come from? One can't fix what one cannot understand based on the OP's mental confusion. And OP should NOT bother answering back with the 'fix', most likely it will be incompetence and not fix anything, like so many others do.

I thought changing the oil fixed it, OP said so.............but now that's obviously not true. LOL...........

If one cannot take the time to make sure his question or musings are clear enough to be taken in by people who can think to help cure his problem then far better for them to simply go back to bashing the head against the brick wall there. At least that's something they can understand. Ah, yes, here's mechanic #4, right on time......

One thing websites like this make very loud and clear.................lower intelligence and the ultra quick response to get all pissed off are DNA linked. Testosterone is a poor substitute for good judgement.

Mandroid, stop.................you'll never be able to jab with me, who on earth did you think would take umbrage with that post? YOUR english construction was off as well...................

Fix the driver first...............

Lol I was having fun. "fun", is a human emotion that we humans feel. We don't expect trolls to have that same emotion. =D

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
'Nuff "trolling" around, OP is "clueless" about something, or there wouldn't be a question.

That's a condition we all share at one time or another, usually on subjects we aren't too familiar with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts