Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD.

a. Your Item Description - 2000-2011 Baer BBK
b. Your Location - Salem/Portland, OR
c. Your Asking Price - $400 shipped
d. Any Related Photos (Optional) - See below
e. Person placing ad - Me, the owner of the brakes
f. Contact Information - PM, email or call 503-730-2603

I have a complete front brake kit by Baer for the 00-11 Focus (00-05 need the SVT knuckle). I am hoping to get $400 for the setup. The kit includes the dual-piston calipers, pads, brackets, rotors, SS lines, etc. Here are a few pics. I will upload more, soon. Thanks!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Just to add the oem svt wheels fit. The Baer Matrix pads are awesome. GLWS

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pics added. More to come.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
How many miles are on the set up? How available are replacement pads and rotors?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How many miles are on the set up? How available are replacement pads and rotors?
I don't know the exact mileage, but the pads still have a good amount of life in them. My guess would be 10k or less.

I will have to confirm, but I believe the calipers use the same pads as some of the recent SVT Cobra Mustangs, so pads won't be an issue. Also, Baer should be offering parts such as rotors since the kit is still for sale at different retailers.

Hope this helps!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
This is a great bbk. You can get rotors & pads. A great upgrade on the rotors is the 2 piece ones. The Baer Matrix pads are awesome. oem svt wheels fit this too.

·
Registered
620 Posts
How much of a step up are these over the stock SVT brakes? The stock are single piston calibers with 300mm rotors and these are 2 piston 328mm rotors. Spec wise they have it but what about real world. Of course the Brembo are 4 piston but they retail @ $2975 and these when new sold for $795.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How much of a step up are these over the stock SVT brakes? The stock are single piston calibers with 300mm rotors and these are 2 piston 328mm rotors. Spec wise they have it but what about real world. Of course the Brembo are 4 piston but they retail @ $2975 and these when new sold for $795.
These are 330mm rotors, so you have more than an inch in diameter difference. Pretty big difference. Well, I've had experience with SVT brakes, and they're good, no doubt. I think you'll see a difference with these on unsprung weight (these calipers are much lighter) and with fade resistance. Day to day driving? You may not notice a huge difference. If you ever go for a track day. I think you'll notice the difference in the way these brakes hold up. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The setup was purchased early in 2013 (see the packing slip), so not too many miles. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pics added. Let me know if any questions arise. Again, not sure of the exact mileage on the setup, but if since they were purchased last February, shouldn't be more than 15k-ish. I bought these from another Focus owner, but sold my ST, so now I don't have any use for them. Too bad they can't be made to fit my Mk3. :(

·
Registered
237 Posts
Shipping to 92040?, so they fit the SVT without any mods?

·
Registered
620 Posts
These are 330mm rotors, so you have more than an inch in diameter difference. Pretty big difference. Well, I've had experience with SVT brakes, and they're good, no doubt. I think you'll see a difference with these on unsprung weight (these calipers are much lighter) and with fade resistance. Day to day driving? You may not notice a huge difference. If you ever go for a track day. I think you'll notice the difference in the way these brakes hold up. Hope this helps.
You know as I was typing my response I was actually answering my question as I read over the facts I was writing. As much as I would like to buy this set up I can't at this point. I don't believe my new last winter, winter wheels and tires would fit over these disks as they are only 16" wheels. There are other items higher on the list as needed. It is nice to know there are other options out there than just the Brembo brakes. Good luck with your sale!

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Feelers are against BST rules. Please revise your ad or it will be deleted.

Thank you.

·
Registered
76 Posts
they don't list these on their website anymore....by vehiucle or part #, I wonder if they've been discontinued? If so, might suck for replacement parts. IIRC, the rotors are like $157 a side. :(

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
they don't list these on their website anymore....by vehiucle or part #, I wonder if they've been discontinued? If so, might suck for replacement parts. IIRC, the rotors are like $157 a side. :(
Sounds like finding parts isn't a problem, according to other members. As to prices, I would assume it depends on where you get the parts. I would call Baer with ques5ions about part availability.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Shipping to 92040?, so they fit the SVT without any mods?
Let me check on shipping. Yeah, they should an SVT with no issue.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts