Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys (and gals),
I wanted to debadge my car in the spring but I also wanted to place some sort of badge on the car to eventually distinguish it from all the other foci out there... and to distinguish it for what I eventually hope will be a spooling turbo! Your info would be appreciated. And yes, these are emblems from other vehicles hence the tranplant reference.

[thumb]

Let me know what you think of the small SVT like focus badge below the badges and make sure to click the images for a larger view!

Attachments

·
Banned
589 Posts
Sorry, dont like any of them but that's just me. I wouldn't want an emblem that represents a completely different car on my focus.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
I have to agree with glowin on this one, its kind of like putting "GTR" badges on Stangs.

However, CFM has a lot of sweet emblems that say "Turbocharged." Also, try looking into European emblems they still rep the Focus but look a lot nicer than the American logos.

BTW where are you from in IL? It says Chi, but it looks like the 'burbs.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JGUSTAFSON, what did you mean about the Euro emblems... I just don't wanna rep a RS or ST badge when it obviously wouldn't be... I was actually more interested to find any non vehicle specific badges, but there doesn't seem to be anything other than the generic "turbocharged" or "supercharged" emblems out there. And I def don't wanna make it look ricey... that would be counter productive! Thanks for the info so far guys, and does anyone know where they sell or even make emblems? I would def enjoy making a new design and then get it custom fabricated.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
JGUSTAFSON, what did you mean about the Euro emblems... I just don't wanna rep a RS or ST badge when it obviously wouldn't be... I was actually more interested to find any non vehicle specific badges, but there doesn't seem to be anything other than the generic "turbocharged" or "supercharged" emblems out there. And I def don't wanna make it look ricey... that would be counter productive! Thanks for the info so far guys, and does anyone know where they sell or even make emblems? I would def enjoy making a new design and then get it custom fabricated.
The euro emblems say focus in a different font than here in the U.S. or completely different phrases such as this one,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-ZETEC-BA...14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Have you checked C-F-Ms inventory, their badges are pretty nice, I don't really know what you mean by "generic" though.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Looks pretty good, some ST guys might get mad though lol There is an ST here in the states, but its a Sedan.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL, see thats what I mean... I don't wanna rock the ST when it ain't an ST! Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
here's the best badge transplant. euro st on my US st. and the "motivational" poster i made. LOL

LOL but seriously, i don't like any of them. just my opinion. i mean some people might say it's stupid for me to have a euro st badge, but hey, it looks WAY better. plus atleast my car IS an ST, a US ST, but still an ST. LOL if your gonna do a badge, goo simple euro. it will be diferent, but atleast authentic.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah I think thats prob best... going euro or getting a custom badge made. First and formost I should debadge.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BTW, I found out that the FLIGHT model in the UK is a "poverty" model and I suggest that no1 place that badge on their car! I mean, you don't want to be know for driving around a POS!

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
here's the best badge transplant. euro st on my US st. and the "motivational" poster i made. LOL

LOL but seriously, i don't like any of them. just my opinion. i mean some people might say it's stupid for me to have a euro st badge, but hey, it looks WAY better. plus atleast my car IS an ST, a US ST, but still an ST. LOL if your gonna do a badge, goo simple euro. it will be diferent, but atleast authentic.
I need this as a T-Shirt in a size Large....lol

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
yeah, i've actually thought about getting a shirt made saying something like this or even having the pic printed right on. i shoulda done it when i went to fun ford weekend here in GA and at norwalk in ohio. LOL that would have been classic.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What about the 2.3 designation like the Mazda3's have by the front pass/driver doors? Any opinions on that? I think that would look sweet, and as far as I know there isn't a factory focus with side badges. Or is there?
[dunno]

1 - 20 of 29 Posts