Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey ya'll, a few months ago I traded my red ZX3 for a yellow one (I always wanted a yellow car, plus this one had 80K less miles). So far I've blacked out the tails and side markers, and added my Mach1 Lip and SVT headlamps from my old ZX3.

So today, I just debadged my tail end and blacked out my ford emblems, looks so much cleaner! [:D]

I 've been saying I was gonna do this all summer, but since it is Labor Day and all I figured it was time. Why'd I wait so long, this is so much better!

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
that looks preety sweet with the blacked out ford symbols....how'd you do that?!? are they removable and paint the back or did you paint the outside?!? That's what my friend randy wants to do to my car but I just never gave him an emblum to tear apart lol.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
nice look. yeah i said to myself i was gonna do that this summer too. definitely didn't get around to that though. now that i'm back at school it's gonna have to put off till next year for me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, for the blacked out emblems I used static cling tint (same as on the tail lamps) to pull this off. You don't even have to remove it, just trace the emblem onto some paper for a template. I cut the tint just a bit smaller and stretched it over the emblem. Really simple and it creates a nice clean look. I've had it on for several months now and it's held up under sustained speeds of 80-90 mph.

Thanks for the compliments!

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
wow looks great, i might have to try that got a roll of extra tint to try it

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I actually really like that, sweet.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Wow, I have a couple feet of that tint left, i'll have to black out my emblems too! never thought to use it for that! looks great bro!

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
should put it on the front signals too[thumb]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool, I'm glad you guys like it, thanks for the props. I just resized the pics so it's a little easier to see now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Svt4cus!

Newkleus said:
You don't need to tint your stinking tailights either.
That's okay Newkleus, you don't need that stinkin' light bar either, but we'll have to discuss that in a different thread... [;)]

Einfahrt!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts