Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a cold start and since having my timing belt done in August, my 02 Focus has developed a bad vibration and noise from the front right side. I had my sway bar links and tie rods changed as per recommendation from my Ford dealer. It gets worse as revs increase up to 4000rpm (4th gear at 60mph/100 kmh) and also on right turns on 'on ramps'. It worsens over undulating surfaces, disappears when out of gear and coasting and disappears when the engine has warmed up. Could the passenger engine mount have been damaged during removal for the timing belt? Any help from you would be appreciated. Cheers from the Woodchuck Cider drinking English guy. :)

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Check your lower torgue mount. I would check the passenger side upper engine mount as well. It does sound like one or more of your mounts to me. Your car is almost 10 years old and the rubber in the mounts has likely degraded. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
BTW, the mounts arent too expensive. The lower torque mount is around $20, the right upper mount should be between $40 and $45, and the left upper should be between $25 to $30. They arent hard to replace, but the bolts on the lower mount might be hard to remove. The upper mounts will require the use of a jack to hold up the engine/trans while replacing.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that "Jay" . I believe the upper passenger side mount is hydraulic? Right? Could that have been damaged when it was removed and refitted for the timing belt? Also, why would it be noisy on right turns and when its cold outside? Over undulations in the road I hear and feel more noise as the car hits the bottom of road bumps. Still mounts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts