Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have some vibrations/oscillations only between 20- 35 mph in my focus SVT and that too only when acceleraing (maybe also decelerating).

I have a feeling its the motor mounts.

Took some pics of the upper mounts see here - the passenger side hydraulic one has a bulge which seems to move around when you push it and the trans mount seems to have tears on both sides - could these be causeing the vibration ?

https://imgur.com/gallery/WM59vUP

The wheels and tires were force balanced and are ok. Axels are also fairly new.

Did the trying to check engine movement by pushing brake and slip clutch slightly in 1st but did not see much movement - although the dogbone mount is fairly new and has poly inserts.

TIA

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
oh boy, idd love to but the rattling will drive me insane. Idd only put the dog bone with VF Engineering poly mount. The upper 2 will be new Ford units.

But are the upper mounts really shot ? They dont look shot to me.

w/ my magic bag
They could look good, but are shot. How old are they? Mileage/years?

Registered
The bulge in pass side mount is OK and normal, you have lost the plastic cover over it. That mount can be bad and look perfect. The trans upper mount looks fine and you normally find crumbled rubber when they go bad, the slots molded into them are normal.

Registered
i have some vibrations/oscillations only between 20- 35 mph in my focus SVT and that too only when acceleraing (maybe also decelerating).

Did the trying to check engine movement by pushing brake and slip clutch slightly in 1st but did not see much movement
Just my experience with a 5spd and a failing PSM...I'd feel the vibe/clunk when I'd release the clutch pedal at any speed. It was barely noticeable at first, but kept getting worse. Mine was easy to diagnose b/c it threw black crap all around/under it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
They could look good, but are shot. How old are they? Mileage/years?
They were put in by the previous owner so dont know the actual mileage, are at least 5 years old.

Also, at one point the lower mount went bad but the uppers were not replaced then.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Just wanted to update. The hydraulic mount on the passenger side was bad. After new mounts the car does not vibrate at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts