Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the needles off the gauge faces today, and now my speedo gets stuck at like 15. I NEED HELP

thanks
Mike

·
Registered
629 Posts
umm ouch. Have you tried re calibrating it? There might be some trick with the odometer button, but I'm not sure... sorry can't help much [:(]

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
you prolly put them back on too tight. Try losening them a little. Not a lot, but just a tad. And also make sure the guages are FLAT. Did you just put new guages on top of the old ones? That's what I did and I just made sure that the neddles were out a little bit (like I said not too much) and that I put it on evenly with real thin thin double sided tape.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no i havent even purchased the new ones yet. i was going to get them off of ebay, but i wasnt sure if they would fit. I will try to loosen the speedo a little. T Thanks guys.

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
np it will work. good luck and I actually bought my BOMZ (sp?) guages on e-bay and loved em. They worked out. I didn't do the wiring install cowsgomoo on here did, although he's long gone now with a jetta and I think he mighta got somethin else since then. But yah it'll work

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
That's what you get with cheap gauge faces. I've installed several of them, only way around is as mentioned, to not push the gauge needles down all the way. You can also try spray gluing (carefully) the gauge face down to the plastic so that it's not 'floating' and causing the needles to rub.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, theya re not cheap gauges they are the actualy faces. Not stick on stuff... I just need to know how to set the speedo?? i need help ( have no idea the correct speed im going)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts