Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the transmission issues, will I get anything for a bad TCM, or will I have to suck it up and pay the $875? Thanks

·
Registered
350 Posts
With the latest letter that was sent out which mentions a one time repair (forgot all the detail), I would give it a try to have Ford cover it
I'm not sure that covers the TCM, although it might. The other issue is that it seems that at least some (if not all) folks who were covered under the original 14M programs (2012 through some early 2014s) are not showing up as having coverage under the 19N programs (which, I believe only cover later 2014 through 2016 model years). The one-time thing is only available through 19N, so therefore only the 2014-2016 group is eligible...although I will admit that the verbiage from the letter could be read to include any and all model years.

And since ETIS is (apparently) no longer showing recall / TSB / customer satisfaction program info, you can't see if you're eligible without actually calling Ford customer service or a dealership.

All that said, sure, it can't hurt to check. Just don't expect anything.

Anyone have a copy or link to this one time repair?
https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/mk3-tsb-recall-problems-archive/815237-19n07-tcm-19n08-dps6-warranty-extensions-2014-2016-focuses-dps6.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts