Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so I have had an issue with a more then normal rough idle for a while now, and the belt squeaks when I turn the fan on, as well as when I have the car under a heavy electrical load with rear defrost, and under exceleration at times, and shifting the car will emit a squeak.

The car recently has been getting worse with how rough the idle is getting, I interpret it as the car is under a electrical load all the time. The interror lights flash when turned on as well.

I hope I have been forthcoming with enough information, I just need to know what this might possibly be for me to have a direaction with a repair. Unfortunately my 60k bumper to bumper just expired 200km ago so I am on my own for this one.

My fuel economy is noticeably worse too, not sure what's going on.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone know if this will be covered under power train warranty?

·
Registered
17,464 Posts
'I have had an issue...'

'The car recently has been getting worse with how rough the idle is getting....'

So, why would one wait until no warranty knowing they had issues...........the too little too late component of human DNA................

'A' repair??

Sounds more like 2 or 3 of them to me and always making things worse (and more expensive) by mushing them all into one neat little lump of messed up there. What we pitiful humans do best.........delay the inevitable until it becomes much worse and harder to figure out.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Hey, so I have had an issue with a more then normal rough idle for a while now, and the belt squeaks when I turn the fan on, as well as when I have the car under a heavy electrical load with rear defrost, and under acceleration at times, and shifting the car will emit a squeak.

The car recently has been getting worse with how rough the idle is getting, I interpret it as the car is under a electrical load all the time. The interior lights flash when turned on as well.

I hope I have been forthcoming with enough information, I just need to know what this might possibly be for me to have a direction with a repair. Unfortunately my 60k bumper to bumper just expired 200km ago so I am on my own for this one.

My fuel economy is noticeably worse too, not sure what's going on.
Does anyone know if this will be covered under power train warranty?

Honestly, if this has been an ongoing problem, your only 200km out of warranty and you're asking if it's covered ... no it's not. You had plenty time to bring it in before it got this bad. You didn't. Now the bill lies solely on your shoulders.

It sounds like an alternator issue. But I'm not sure.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol, I didn't ask for your opinions on intellectual value of my discussion to not get it looked at.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But thank you for the head's up.

·
Registered
17,464 Posts
You asked what is wrong with car, often the driver figures in there much higher than they are willing to admit. One either gets that, or they don't.

You don't have 'A' direction, still several as your post was not nearly detailed enough, it revealed more about driver than it did the car...........what most of them do. The post confuses more than clears up since OP judgements color it.

'The car recently has been getting worse with how rough the idle is getting, I interpret it as the car is under a electrical load all the time.'

Misinterpreted and reflectiing on driver again. Cars are ALWAYS under electrical load. And rough idle as a description? Could be 500 things under that heading yet you want one direction..........

Sorry but the way things are. The poster often tilts the posting in ways that are exceedingly damaging to his desired result, join the rest of the party, the vast majority do this.

·
Registered
17,464 Posts
Fuel economy............engine basic tune, several things there.

Belt squeak...........tensioner, belt, alt bearing, idler bearing, any other belt path bearings. alt condition, a/c compressor clutch

Rough idle..........engine basic tune again, anything to do with idle air control (several more there), PCV, electronic throttle control, vacuum leaks

Lights flashing.............could be anything to do with the belt/alt as well as a standalone issue and if that could be a million other things.

Is that enough direction?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts