Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if it's just my car, but my fuel injectors are very loud. I don't think they use to sound like this. They have sounded like this since i got my headers, cat,fp, and exhaust. Do you think that i might need to get larger fuel injecters. My car has about 60,000 miles on it and it's a 2000 zts. Also, which cams are the best: Crower stage 2, ford racing street/track, or are there a different kind that's better.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I personally don;t think with your current set up you need larger injectors. Really no need for it. My injectors are also noisey, but nothing to worry about.

Regarding the cams - I will be going FR/crane stg2s next month. Apparently they make a lot more low end torque than the crowers. I'm also going with a Stg3 head as well as 24lbs inj, with a custom diablo.

In your case, I also know several people that are running stg2 without a chip and stock injectors, springs, and valves. I think you will be ok. If the cars runs funny after the cam install and tuning, than I would suggest lookign into injectors.

ollie

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
u wont need new injectors. u wont need new springs or valves for a while either. crane stage 2s are nice. but u can pretty much adjust the power curve as u wish with adj cam gears.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts