Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford's accountant’s stick has beat the Sport out of the SE Sport Package.
The revised 2012 Ford Focus order guide dated July 1 shows a major component of the SE Sport Package has been deleted, no more Sport Suspension.

• SE Sport Package
— 16" Aluminum Wheels
— Sport Seats
— Rear Disc Brakes
— SelectShift
— Piano Black Grille
— Rear Spoiler (Standard on 5-Door)
— Metallic Interior Trim Finish – Door pulls and register
surround
— Leather-wrapped Steering Wheel
Note: Not available with Super Fuel Economy Package
(SFE) (46F)
Note: SelectShift Requires automatic transmission (44W)

Good luck finding out when this decontented SE hits the dealerships[ohcrap]

I suggested to Ford N.A that maybe they should consider changing the name of the Sport Package to Not So Sporty Sport Package.

You can read the revised order guide here at Blue Oval News thread http://www.blueovalforums.com/forum...lable/page__st__60__gopid__711615#entry711615

·
Registered
968 Posts
What about those of us that ordered an SE + sport package WAY before July?
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
519 Posts
I thought there was already some concern as to whether the SE w/ sport EVER had a sport suspension, despite early literature to the fact. Perhaps, I am mistaken, however.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it was built prior to July then according to the 1st order guide the SE Sport Package includes Sport Suspension.

I assume with the Focus Assembly plant summer holiday (7/4 and 7/11/2011) Focus SE with Sport Package assembled after this date will be the neutered Sport Package.

All SE with Sport Package that I have checked the VIN details as of up to this past week all showed upgraded suspension

·
Registered
505 Posts
Not that I'm buying a new Focus soon, but the front and rear sway bars, etc, was a major deciding point for me.

·
Registered
113 Posts
All SE with Sport Package that I have checked the VIN details as of up to this past week all showed upgraded suspension
Could you check mine please? 1FAHP3K25CL165436

It's a Canadian SE hatch and I believe it was built on May 26. Where does the info come from? ETIS?

·
Registered
144 Posts
They most likely figure "enthusiasts" want to drop 27 grand on the focus ST [ninja]

Pretty block-headed move. I liked the idea of a base focus with a sport suspension. For those that feel the ST is overkill.

Oh well, the WRX seemed interesting...

·
Registered
968 Posts
I thought there was already some concern as to whether the SE w/ sport EVER had a sport suspension, despite early literature to the fact. Perhaps, I am mistaken, however.
The first order guide published 20 August, 2010 lists "Sport Tuned Suspension" as part of the "SE Sport Package", the order guide published 1 July, 2011 does not. I hope my SE built 17 May, 2011 has the sport suspension... otherwise I will feel cheated.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
589 Posts
And the package prices are the same even without the sport suspension?

Seems ludicrous to me.
Yep! I think prices actually increased last month!

The only Focus model with a sport tuned suspension is the Titanium with the handling package.

I think paying 25k for my car is enough to get the sport suspension!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Slimey. I'm glad I got an early one.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Is not changing features after ordering grounds to cancel your order??

That would be like buying a PC that comes with 4GB of ram and 500GB HD and a monitor and then they send it to you, same price, without the damn monitor...

·
Registered
589 Posts
Is not changing features after ordering grounds to cancel your order??

That would be like buying a PC that comes with 4GB of ram and 500GB HD and a monitor and then they send it to you, same price, without the damn monitor...
I think having features changed during the order process is grounds for canceling the order without any penalty.

·
Registered
163 Posts
This all sounds insane to me.

If the changes were made on July 1, then those ordering on or after July 1 should not have the sports suspension.

Everyone before that should. If that was part of the pre-July ordering guide, and was part of the car's specs, then everyone who ordered before July 1- vin or no vin- should get the sports suspension. It's not like they ran out of parts like they did certain paint colors.

Unless I am totally insane or just too logical, or perhaps just wishful thinking on my part, because my SE Hatch was ordered on June 24.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This all sounds insane to me.

If the changes were made on July 1, then those ordering on or after July 1 should not have the sports suspension.
If you read the whole post, it looks like they took out any references to the sport suspension back on May 1. When I was ordering my SE sport in early June, I tried to find current literature referencing the suspension, but could only find rumors or outdated material. I was crossing my fingers for one, but never actually found proof that I was promised one.

I guess this means we should start researching the parts required to "restore" what Ford has removed. IMO it shouldn't really be called a "sport" package if all it includes is rims and trim upgrades. The rear disc brakes are nice, but I feel like they're mostly cosmetic unless you're in a track/race situation, and what's the point of that without a better suspension?

·
Registered
882 Posts
They most likely figure "enthusiasts" want to drop 27 grand on the focus ST [ninja]

Pretty block-headed move. I liked the idea of a base focus with a sport suspension. For those that feel the ST is overkill.

Oh well, the WRX seemed interesting...
Err...try again. I dropped more than that on my Titanium (fully-loaded it was just about 30k). The ST most likely won't come with options (like most cars in that line don't -- WRX STI, Lancer Evo, MazdaSPEED3, etc...).

Good chance it'll come in like a 32k package with virtually no options at all.

EDIT: Should mention that I mean you won't be able to choose what you get...it'll most likely come fully-loaded with all of the "options" but you won't get to take things off or put things on. Those types of cars come pretty much as package deals.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts