·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cant really blame it on the CAI. I have had it for a year, and driven through "normal" sized puddles, and driven through a harsh New England winter with the AEM CAI, and had no problems. The puddle I decided to try and go through was very, very large, and ended up being knee deep. There was no where for me to go on either side, so I kinda had no choice on which way to go. The puddle was about 25 feet long, and I could see that, but it did not look as deep as it was, and I was taken by surprise on that end. I thinkn it took in more water through the tailpipe than through the AEM CAI. I believe there is still a bit of water left in the "lunchbox" muffler. Hopefully after I change the oil tomorrow, I can run it for a bit and burn off any remaining water. I can still smell puddle water out the exhaust pipe lol

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
hey man that sucks...
do you see water mixed with oil?
you need to do is drain ALL the fluids of the car...
something similar happend to my brother on his celica...
he just changed all the fluids and nothing major happend....

Joel

·
Registered
128 Posts
Exact reason why I switched to the short ram Johnny. The same situation for me. Stalled the car, started it up, and heard a squealing. Scared the crap outta me however I don't think I learned much because I think next summer I'll buy another one. The short ram is alot nicer than I thought it would be though, I'm very pleased.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts