Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my sister has a problem with her car. It's a 2001 Ford Focus SE 2.0L. I just looked at it and drove it. When you accelerate, sometimes you hear a very slight almost scraping type noise coming form the front passenger side, it's not very loud. The motor mount under the car in the center "appeared" to be just fine. However, I did notice a good deal of vibration when looking at the top passenger side engine to body mount. Maybe this is the problem? She said the dealership was not sure what it was, but thought it might be a motor mount. It was just there for the recall on the front coils and they wanted to charge her $527 to replace a motor mount. Do you think this is the problem?

·
Registered
465 Posts
if u got vibration its possible but the scrapping i dunno bout...i just sold all 3 mounts for 55$ shipped. find u a used mount plenty of people have changed theres to better ones should be able to find 1

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am having the same problem wiht my 00 sedan, from what i hear its the motor mounts on that side, I just havent had time to replace em

1 - 3 of 3 Posts