Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I tried searching, but the new format is not easy to search like the old one.

I think I may have an injector issue. I parked in my normal spot inside last night, and went to go out this morning. My car turned over, and I heard some sputtering. No start. I noticed the smell of a ton of gas coming from the exhaust. I pulled out my spark tester and all looked good. Pulled the plug on the passenger side first, and it was caked in black. The other 3 looked normal. Is it possible this injector was is leaking? No stored codes, and after cleaning/ reassembly fired right up. Drove it twice after. No noticeable loss of power, but I did get a hint of gas smell. I was at a stop behind a beater.

Would there be a misfire code for too much fuel? I have a 5 speed, but would a TCM cause such weird behavior (obviously not the spark plug).

TIA

·
FF Affiliate
30,151 Posts
5 speed doesnt have a TCM , Do you know anyone with a SCT Flasher you can barrow to do me a log with and I can help find the issue

Tom

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tom, thanks for reaching out, but I do not have/know anyone. The CLE/NE Ohio portion of FocusFanatics has been dead for years. All I have is Forscan, with a HS/MS switch to check info/sensors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts