Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ugh I feel like I am posting a new thread on here everyday.

Started up my car the last couple of days and it sounds like a pulley, serpentine belt, something! is going bad.

Every revolution for the first 5-7 revs makes a noise, when I first start the car, then nothing after that. Like its hitting the same spot each time. I haven't looked under the hood yet.

Also when i hit the gas when the engine is cold to mid warm and sometimes normal, it created kinda an electrical whirring noise. Almost like a R/C car makes. That gets louder with the higher RPM's through the gears. Doesn't matter if I am going slow or fast, you can still hear it. Maybe a "whining" type of noise as well.

I looked up old threads and it seems to be either part of the serpentine belt, so idler or tensioner pulleys, or maybe the alternator could be going bad? I also read something about an axel bearing or wheel bearing?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to General Tech Chat

One thing it ISN'T is Wheel bearings, since you describe it as being there at startup & changing with engine RPM.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Moved to General Tech Chat

One thing it ISN'T is Wheel bearings, since you describe it as being there at startup & changing with engine RPM.

Yeah I realized that after I said. Just wanted to make sure. It has something to do with the hitting the gas and rpms.

And no it's not a squeal. It will do that occasionally but only when I am running low on oil. This is more like a chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp. And then it's done.

·
Registered
17,165 Posts
'And no it's not a squeal. It will do that occasionally but only when I am running low on oil.'

(One eyebrow raised.............)

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I know it seems crazy right.. Buy seriously that my cue that I am runnin lower on oil. There is still some left but enough to add a little more. Don't ask me. That's just what I think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts