Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i plan to fiberglass the hatch cover. ?? Is have any of you mounted a sub on a fiberglass hatch cover? would that be a good idea?

·
Registered
0 Posts
So my only question is are you gonna build a box for the sub or leave it hanging? Also, how do you plan to secure the hatch cover so it doesn't rattle up an down?

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had a custom fiberglass box for 2 12" subs. i was thinking maybe just speakers mounted on there but i'd rather airbrush some type of picture on it, and get another fiberglass box for 2 12" Kicker solo-barics. but like i said was just asking if anyone has done it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I've never seen it done either but are you at least gonna build an enclosure for the subs or just cut holes in the cover and leave them hang over your hatch space?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
That would be allot of weight on that hatch cover.You would probably have to leave it stationary ( not be able to raise or lower it attached to the hatch without beefing up the struts or whatever they are called that hold the hatch open

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
fiberglassing the cover wouldnt look bad at all, but dependong on how its painted, you will get a glare on the back window

dont mount subs on the cover though, thats just a bad idea

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ima fiberglass the bottom and do black carpet for the top of the cover ^due to glare off sun. good point by the way! and get a custom box made for 2 kicker 12" solo baric subs. and when i lift the hatch, it will be a pic of my car with SVTf logo. sound better than using the hatch cover for mounting a sub? that was just a thought

1 - 8 of 8 Posts