Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya, a while ago i snapped the wire holding the bulb in place on the driver's side. I have just managed to change the headlight on my car. however, i think there is a bad earth somewhere on one of the headlights, because when i put the dipped beam on, the full beam's light on the dash is on feintly and the light on the outside isn't as bright. This was first like this when i snapped the wire holding the bulb in place and was changin the bulbs. Does anyone know where the best place to start lookin for the bad earth on the bulbs are? I have tried pluggin the connectors back into the bulb just incase it was bad, and have tried cleanin the connectors with a flat screw driver. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Eric

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I would check to see if you pinched a wire or installed the wrong bulb.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Verify that the lamp (bulbs are flower roots) is correct, and installed correctly. Also make sure that it's not wet inside the lamp receptacle. It is doubtful that you snapped the wire, although some European built cars have aluminum wiring.

The next thing I would check is the headlight relay. All automotive relays are the same, and plug in, so you can remove the AC relay and put it in place of the headlight relay to see if that clears the problem.

If you have a continuity tester, you can try using it to determine if you have a good earth or not.

Very rarely, if ever, does wiring go bad from being moved unless you pull with extreme force.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts