Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just had a newer control arm put on my car after bending mine on a curb. And driving home I noticed when I hit the gas, the car pulls to the left but the wheel turns slightly to the left. And also, at low speeds, if I tap the gas and let off, it clunks, not loud or bad but def does. Also clunks alot on bumps. My buddy is getting me another ASAP and is checking and replacing it for free so I'm not to terribly worried.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The stud? Like a bolt holding it on? Sorry im pretty ignorant when it comes to some stuff. All I know is he got a control arm from a salvage yard and replaced the bent one.

·
FF's Quadriplegic!
2,897 Posts
Lift your car up using your car jack and see if the wheel, and rotor itself wiggles back and forth while the wheel is still bolted on. You may need to have the joint tightened even more.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll have to check that tommorow...only problem is massive amounts of snow on the ground...ill try and go to my friends house with a garage...any other tell tale signs? Also, how bad is it to drive with a bad one? I kinda need to this weekend and can't get him to look at it till atleast monday.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Its not bad to drive with it ( if its a ball joint ) UNLESS it breaks, then you are stranded. If its a ball joint it will "clunk" the most going around turns, especially sharp ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts