Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, a few days ago my battery light came on, only when im below 2k rpms. Took it to the Zone and they hooked up and decided my voltage regulator is bad, no prob. They say the regulator is only putting out 9v at idle. So I was hoping to ride the problem out for a couple weeks till I could afford to buy a new alternator, I tried to do this by riding around in a lower gear to hopefully spin the alternator more and keep up the charge on the battery. Today on the way home from work and it was raining cats and dogs, the combination of my headlights and wipers doomed me, all the gauges quit and while getting off the highway the battery finally quit too. So tomorrow I will replace the alternator, my question is that I cannot find a how to on this. I did research and found out that I need to loosen or take off the passenger motor mount, but does anyone know where I can find and actual step by step how to on this, much appreciated for all the help.

·
Registered
438 Posts
What more do you need?
I've done mine and followed these procedures, the same ones as in the Chilton's manual.
Do you have a specific question we can help you with?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK so seeing that I just got done changing it, I guess there wasnt really much more info that I needed. I did it by myself (rocking the motor foward while pulling the alternator out) and it wasnt really as bad as I thought it was going to be. Including the time to run to the Zone and pick up a new one, 1 1/2 hours. Im happy with myself.

Missourileo...

I have to give props to you! That is probably the best how to video I have ever seen. Haha it would have been nice to see it about 2 hours ago though. Thanks so much for posting that and I suggeset a mod def stickies that somewhere because it is much more helpful than the writeup we currently have on here.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ive always done it through the top like this too, however its looking like I may have to change another one and I was looking at it yesterday. It appears it may be easier to just drop it down through the bottom, not having to remove all that stuff with exception of the power steering resevoir and the coolant overflow.

·
Captain Retard
2,583 Posts
Ummmmm, all that stuff is just power steering reservoir and the coolant overflow........ That is it. Won't fit out the bottom, unless you drop the exhaust, and then maybe it will go...... Nope, gotta yank the half shaft too!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts