Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
there's another thread if you search. someone got a key but had some trouble finding a locksmith with the proper tools to cut it. can be quite expensive. he did get it done and i believe it was cheaper than a dealer made key, and smaller.

·
Registered
609 Posts
you can order a non IKT key from your dealer (your dealer has to order it thru Rotunda though, they will need your VIN and key code ##) mine was about $55 but i work at a dealer remember. If you do ask for one, be prepared, most dealers do not know about this option yet.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you can order a non IKT key from your dealer (your dealer has to order it thru Rotunda though, they will need your VIN and key code ##) mine was about $55 but i work at a dealer remember. If you do ask for one, be prepared, most dealers do not know about this option yet.
What does a non-ikt key mean? Google says ikt=individual keyswitch technology

·
Registered
609 Posts
hmm i should have clarified : integrated key transmitter in fordland which refers to the transmitter being made to the key. I programmed it myself, of course i already had two IKT keys. Keep the third key hidden away in car.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm, ok

Do these keys get cut through the center, or do they get cut from the side? I am trying to find a locksmith that can cut that ebay one, and they need to know that.

Think a dealer would be willing to just throw in the cutting if I bring it with me when I buy the car? (actually, ever tried to find a locksmith? its a royal PIA, there are spam ads all over, I found google maps works well though)

·
Registered
609 Posts
it is a sidemill key, most ford dealers do not have that machine at their disposal. Someone on another thread suggested jag or volvo dealers i think?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts