Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 focus Se hatchback without navigation and the bigger screen head unit. I was wondering if the 2015 focus backup camera would work or adapt to my car?

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Good question, i'd like to know this too. I also have a 14' and after seeing the interior of the '15 and some of the standard features it comes with, like the camera, i find myself regreting not waiting a few more months and buying the '15. It would be cool to use the little 4 inch screen that comes with our stereos like the '15's do.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Likely not, sadly.

I, too, often wish I had a backup camera and while federally mandating them isn't my favorite way of having them standard, I'm glad every car will have them.

The number of systems that would need replacement would make an OEM swap prohibitively expensive.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Just turn around and watch where you're going when you back up.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The camera itself that is included on a hatch handle is only like $27 but an auto dimming rear view mirror with 4.3" integrated screen is $200+ and from the install thread it looks like a pain to install... but definitely can be done for not *that* much money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts