Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got rid of the Custom sub box that I was working on. And just did a clean install, vacumed the trunk and back to basic. I had a half done custom sub box with the two 12" and a 10". Now just the 2 12" and a 760watt amp, But I think I like it better cause its clean when I open my trunk. O and I have a new headunit that plays dvds and such. What you all think?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Thats a pretty clean amp/cap/sub set up.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
thats good becuse you shouldent mix sub sizes unless its like 8's and 12's becuse they will cancle eachother out and sound like azz...nice setup by the way..very clean like the blue ...how does the light in the dash look at night

·
Registered
470 Posts
Lookin clean. As justin said, don't mix sub sizes or even different subs of the same size.

I can't wait to have some bump in the trunk as well. I've got 2 10s, but no amp or head unit. Should be here this week, though. :D

·
Sooooooooooo EURO
14,708 Posts
i had those subs in my minivan and loved them lol! the custom install would've been sweet but like everybody said dont mix sub sizes!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats good becuse you shouldent mix sub sizes unless its like 8's and 12's becuse they will cancle eachother out and sound like azz...nice setup by the way..very clean like the blue ...how does the light in the dash look at night
Thanks. Yea surprisingly (sp?) /they didnt sound bad together. I dont know if it was because the 10 was ported or because all 3 togther were so loud I couldnt tell. Ha Id do with the latter on that one. [:)~]
But none the less its better now. Still pretty loud. My girl hears me coming from a while down the road whe I turn it up.

The light looks really good. its actually hooked up to the dimmer. So when I dimm the instrument panel it dims as well.

Also I plan on hiding that last wire it was just at the time I couldnt figure out how to with out drilling very large holes to fit thethe end of the rca wire through since its huge. But since I orrigonally cleaned it up I figured out how to do it, with out the large holes. So tomorrow Im gonna fix that. [wrenchin]

·
Registered
470 Posts
Oh, and ditch the capacitor FTW

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Headunit is Jensen vm8013.

As for the capacitor, idk I got it for 25$ brand new from work cause of discount it was origonaly 145$ and I have noticed a cleaner more steady sound. I am only using stock batt. and altenator.(that has more draw than origionaly put on with the subs and lights and stuff.)
But it working better might just be in my head. But hey Im makin my head happy at only the cost of $25 so Ill prob keep it. But thanks for the comments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts