Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of my back lighting on the various switches and buttons seem to work when my headlights are on with the exception of my steering wheel. I'm not sure if it has any back lighting on the SVT? Like the cruise control buttons for instance ... can someone chime in to tell me if they even exist on the SVT steering wheel?

Thank in advance for any help!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
None on the steering wheel buttons.

The only easy backlighting add is hooking up the LEDs in the lock buttons in the doors (it's there, but not wired up in the US).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
None on the steering wheel buttons.

The only easy backlighting add is hooking up the LEDs in the lock buttons in the doors (it's there, but not wired up in the US).
Thank you! Prevous owner must have added the LED's in my lock buttons because they light up. Made me think there might be lights in the steering wheel.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Thank you! Prevous owner must have added the LED's in my lock buttons because they light up. Made me think there might be lights in the steering wheel.
The led lamps are already in the lock switches - its just that on all 00-07 (MK1/MK1.5) NA Focus they were not wired. Its a bit perplexing why for did not wire them on NA Focus. I believe they were wired on Euro MK1 and the SVT is basically a NAized Euro MK1 so perhaps the SVTs were wired from the factory for the lock lights. Id be curious to see if other/all SVTs had this.

Paul

Reactions: CarGuyNeil

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
The led lamps are already in the lock switches - its just that on all 00-07 (MK1/MK1.5) NA Focus they were not wired. Its a bit perplexing why for did not wire them on NA Focus. I believe they were wired on Euro MK1 and the SVT is basically a NAized Euro MK1 so perhaps the SVTs were wired from the factory for the lock lights. Id be curious to see if other/all SVTs had this.

Paul
I've had a ZX3 and SVT, both had the LEDs in the lock switches, but neither had the wiring. Process to add the wiring was the same for both.

·
Registered
2004 ZX3 SVT EE 160k miles. 2004 ZX3 SVT 189k miles
3,302 Posts
I noticed on my SVT this morning that the window switch backlights are on all the time, headlights off.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I noticed on my SVT this morning that the window switch backlights are on all the time, headlights off.
On all NA MK1/1.5 (00-07) the headlamp and window switch illumination is ON with the ignition in ACC or RUN.
Are the door lock lights wired in your SVT?

Paul

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
On all NA MK1/1.5 (00-07) the headlamp and window switch illumination is ON with the ignition in ACC or RUN.
Are the door lock lights wired in your SVT?

Paul
I've not looked for that Paul. I'll let you know next time I pull a door panel.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I've not looked for that Paul. I'll let you know next time I pull a door panel.
Im asking if they light up with the ignition ON or ACC - you dont have to take your car apart.

Paul

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
No they do not.
OK I would speculate that they are not wired (as opposed to just not working) - which I find interesting. Im not very knowledgeable on SVT models but someone on another thread recently said his SVT's lock buttons did light so I thought, perhaps, that all SVTs had this feature enabled just like the Euro MK1. But based on yours I guess not.

Thanks
Paul

Reactions: pbfoot

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Im asking if they light up with the ignition ON or ACC - you dont have to take your car apart.

Paul
Where did you get the idea I was going to run out and pull a door panel? I said "next time" I have a door panel off.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Where did you get the idea I was going to run out and pull a door panel? I said "next time" I have a door panel off.
I didnt - I was just saying that I just wanted the know if they worked now. Someone on another thread had said their SVTs lock switches were lighted and I was trying to determine if all SVTs had this feature. Since yours does not I guess that persons car was modified to add the lights (wiring) as I did on both on my MK1s.

Paul

1 - 14 of 14 Posts