Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 30 mile commute to/from work every day, it's mostly highway but there are one or two choke points where I have to creep along, and this also happens to me driving around town.

I try not to do a lot of "jack rabbit" starts especially in a rush hour traffic jam where the car in front of you is 2 feet away, but if I accelerate slowly the back end "bucks". If I'm merging onto the highway or accelerating hard, no problem, it's just seems like the slower I hit the gas, the more chance it will do it.

One thing that I did notice is that my wife's old car (we got rid of it and got her another one), a '98 cavalier did the same thing. I had originally started driving her car because I didn't want to put 300 miles a week on my Focus and we were planning to get rid of the cavalier anyway. My Focus never used to buck, it's a 2002 and she drove it for about a year, only put maybe 2000 miles on it, and after I got it back it started bucking. Her cavalier, which she'd driven for 5 or more years bucked.

Anyway, anyone know what causes this, and how can I get it to stop!!! [???:)]

Thanks

·
Registered
491 Posts
You're going to have to explain more for anyone to understand.

I'll give it a shot though....

How are the rear brakes? I'm assuming they're drums. They might need a cleaning if they're "sticking" and giving you a "bucking" feel.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
I know what you mean. Its just that your not hitting the cas hard enough. I know it happens more when Im in traffic because your going through the clutch motions much more offten so your feet get lazy. Just concentrate more offten while shifting in traffic.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
ya i notice that too sometimes when i don't give enough gas when im starting out. i just assumed it was because the engine was bogging down too low and vibrating?? i dunno

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.