Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have my "B" clutch a year now this month & 15k miles ---my TCM has been changed also about 35 k ago ago---we are at about 91k total--seems decent ===plenty of pep & quick shifts--very little shutter---(is this the fix or is the TCM going to go again--1st one lasted about 57k miles & we are on the 4th clutch pack--"B" --[thankyou]

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a 2014. I've ended up going through every summer with a horrible transmission, getting the clutches replaced in the fall, no problems in the cold of winter, then it starts getting bad again as soon as it gets warm out around March.

I got the B clutch update the last time (August '17) and thought this was going to be the fix since it passed March and no issues. However, as of May, the shudder started to come back and I anticipate it getting worse through the summer.

I have about 94K on it now, and the last clutches were replaced just under 80K. That is the longest any set has lasted. Does anyone know what the warranty is on Ford parts when you are out of manufacturer's warranty and don't have an extended warranty? I'm getting tired of having to get the same part replaced every single year, especially when it's not covered.

·
Registered
34 Posts
@FordNewbieGirl The clutches for MY 2011-2014 are covered under warranty for 7yr/100K. You shouldn't have had to pay for replacements yet.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Fordnewbiegirl: hopefully you didn't pay anything===Why aren't the whole DCT's warranted for 150k-10years unconditional not just the PCM part-all years or is it fixed with the "B" clutch & a new PCM for good?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
@FordNewbieGirl The clutches for MY 2011-2014 are covered under warranty for 7yr/100K. You shouldn't have had to pay for replacements yet.
2011-2014 is for the Fiesta, not the Focus. The 2011 Focus used a standard automatic transmission.

Not all 2014 MY Focus are covered by the warranty extension.

Fordnewbiegirl: hopefully you didn't pay anything===Why aren't the whole DCT's warranted for 150k-10years unconditional not just the PCM part-all years or is it fixed with the "B" clutch & a new PCM for good?
Warranty on the PCM is 5yrs/60K miles.
Warranty on the TCM was extended to 10yrs/150K miles.

PCM and TCM are 2 completely different modules.

DCT is simply a type of transmission, not a transmission itself. The designation for the DCT used in the Focus and Fiesta is DPS6.

The clutch is not part of the DPS6 transmission so extending the warranty on the DPS6 transmission itself wouldn't help customers needing a clutch replacement. Though necessary for the vehicle to move, the clutch is a separate component from the transmission.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok at inspection time & normal servicing etc---I noted some DCT issues--low & behold it failed test & got it's 5th Clutch Pack since new at 93k right before the 7th year so warranty now is another year! ( B) clutch lasted 17k miles (ouch) so will the 16-18 Focus & Fiesta be effected HMMMM --I imagine maybe so--who knows!

·
Registered
38 Posts
"B" Clutch Update

Our B clutch lasted for 12 months and 16k miles. It is our 3rd failed clutch. Ford will not cover it as our 2014 VIN is not included in the extended warranty TSB. Car has 67k miles. Horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
FF Affiliate
30,144 Posts
You guys should try my Custom Tune for the DCT , greatly improves the shudder or cures it , much quicker up and down shifts , most say better MPG , better over all daily driveability and much much more

Tom

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tom---I almost there --how much & does you tune cost? Does it have a warranty? I am truly amazed it has come to this--FORD has not come up with a fix & the DCT isn't recalled? Or warranted for life!!They paid for mine again & carries another year warranty!!

·
FF Affiliate
30,144 Posts
The flasher , Tune , Unlimited free NA tune updates , US shipped is 462.00

They never will fix it because it isnt a parts issue its a software issue , I have proven that hundreds of Tunes now

Warranty ?

Tom

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tom --I am asking what your warranty is on the tune---(guarantee)or something that it works--price is fine---I am truly amazed that a huge corporation doesn't know the software is the problem still---but you seem to be right on! I haven't used the tune yet but any testimonials for miles driven with 0 issues on here?

·
FF Affiliate
30,144 Posts
My tune will greatly improve the shudder or fix it , I dont guarantee a 100% cure of the shudder
You will get many other benefits from the tune as well that help the DCT and the over all daily driveability

Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts