Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
WWTPD?
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to throw some of the copper 22C's in when I put my new Taylor thundervolts in. Can anyone give me a rough idea of what gap I should be aiming for? Either that or some tips of where to start with the gap?

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Try and start at .60, adjust from there if needed. I'm needed a new set, car's been runnin rough lately. Doing alittle tune up, mine are gapped at .35, granted I run 10psi. I'm gapping my next pair at .45. Are the Taylor Thundervolts plug wires? Just curious, never heard of them.

·
WWTPD?
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice! Thanks for the link WD. I had seen that thread before but stopped checking it before you did the quick pic tutorial. Ill have to gap 'em towards .06 and post up the results.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I just finished installing F22s and Thundervolts. I gapped the plugs at .060 to start off with but am not sure how to gauge it from there. If the gap is too wide, will it be obvious? The car does appear to be idling a little rougher than I thought that it would with new plugs and wires but I could just be expecting too much.

·
WWTPD?
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It may be gapped too wide if its idling noticably rough compared to before. Id gap to .052 (stock) and see how that feels. Increase the gap a bit if you can after that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts