Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my new, well used, transmission should be here on Monday. I am planning to put a small tech day together at my house to get this thing installed. Not sure on a date yet but we can figure it out.

Problem is, I don't have the proper tools. Here's what I have:

-1 small 2-ton jack and 2 small jackstands
-Air compressor but no airtools yet [rant]
-2 ramps
-Nice Craftsman tool set and a bunch of miscellaneous tools

Things we are probably going to need is:

-More, bigger jackstands
-2 or 3 huge floor jacks
-Air tools (ratchet, impact) unless we'd rather turn wrenches

I'm also thinking, if it's going to be too much of a hassle I may just go to a local auto shop an have them do it.

Tell me what you guys think.

·
Thread Killer
2,711 Posts
I may be in all depending when...I would offer up my garage in a month, but it's prolly already gonna be too crowded.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not too many replies so I'm guessing nobody wants to deal with it lol....I don't blame you guys. I can see it being a PITA.

We can use my garage no problem.

·
Focus Enthusiast
3,002 Posts
Not too many replies so......
Dude, I just checked the forum! Keep in mind I'm at work all day and cant check FF while I'm working.
I have a regular craftsman 2 ton jack, two craftsman stand, a decent bunch of sockets and wrenches. I'm also pretty good at breaking blots and nuts loose without air tools.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dude, I just checked the forum! Keep in mind I'm at work all day and cant check FF while I'm working.
I have a regular craftsman 2 ton jack, two craftsman stand, a decent bunch of sockets and wrenches. I'm also pretty good at breaking blots and nuts loose without air tools.
Alright cool. Once I get the transmission in on Monday and the oil, and other necessary stuff I'll post up a few dates to see when you guys wanna do this.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I don't have many of my tools right now, but depending on the day, could probably stop by for a bit and lend a hand. Friday I pick up the girls from Tucson, and Sunday is the Steelers game. That leaves Thursday to get this thing in...

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it won't be this weekend...not sure when yet.

Hey Jared you still have that snorkle for the intake? i bought a volant intake and wanted to throw the snorkle on it. I still have those parts you dropped off but I couldn't find a decent stock intake so I came across a used volant with 3k miles on it for $150. Looks new.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
sweet, nice deal! I think I will be moving to the volant soon too. With the dirt roads and my travels up "off the beaten path" I am worried that a simple fender bender could push the entire CAI back and seriously eff something up. I also had a REALLY weird dream about hydrolocking the damn thing. The skid plate doesn't really do allot structurally, more of a light bar...

But yes, I have the snorkle here for ya. I can try to drop it off before class tomorrow after work.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I couldn't pass it up. He was asking $220 but I got him down to $150 lol....

Cool no rush on the snorkle. My intake doesn't get here until Friday so whenever you get the chance. Hey did you ever find the MAF tube?

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
i got 2 hands to help ya out, but my days off for work are now tues and wed, any other day is no good for me unfortunally

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Yeah I couldn't pass it up. He was asking $220 but I got him down to $150 lol....

Cool no rush on the snorkle. My intake doesn't get here until Friday so whenever you get the chance. Hey did you ever find the MAF tube?
I'l try to drop it off today...I don't have the MAF tube though, went with the airbox that I sold a while back

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh ok no prob.

Well I've been calling around to see whta it would cost to have someone install this trans and a shop quoted me $400. That includes removal of the old one too.

What do you guys think is that too expensive?

·
Focus Enthusiast
3,002 Posts
IF you can part with the cash, and you really don't want to be bothered with doing it yourself, might as well pay them $400 and get it over with.

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
IF you can part with the cash, and you really don't want to be bothered with doing it yourself, might as well pay them $400 and get it over with.
agree, $400 isnt too bad, if you can save yourself the hassle it might be worth it

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I think I might do that when I get my tax return. I just really don't have the time to do the install myself...getting ready to move and just found out I'm going to school for 6 weeks in Oklahoma so I'm gonna be pretty busy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts