Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post up here if you've gotten caught by one of these.

I got caught in Tempe a long time ago, as a matter of fact it was on my way to a In and Out meet...lol. And I think I may have just been caught again coming off the 51 to I-10 West the other day, I was going 65 and the limit was 55 and I saw it flash so hopefully it wasn't me.

Also I don't know if any of you saw the story on Fox 10 News about what to do when you get a ticket in the mail from a speed camera. A Scottsdale lawyer says you can just throw it away because you have to be served or something like that. As long as you do not acknowledge it in any way you are fine but even if you call or go online to say it wasn't you or whatever then that justifies benig served.

What do you guys think?

·
Focus Enthusiast
3,002 Posts
I haven't been bagged by one yet, mostly because:
a. I don't speed very much
b. I'm pretty good at spotting them ahead of time
c. I don't see many of the stations because I do live out my life isolated in "Elite" scottsdale, and they took the ones down on the part of the 101 I drive on everyday. They do put the vans out all the time, but I see an ocean of brake lights in the heavy traffic I commute in long before I get to the van.

I can't say if that is sound advise, I've heard that before, I've also heard you can dispute that you frquently let random people borrow your car, and you can't remember who was driving that time, and that the picture is not you.
Also, just because it flashes doesn't mean you get a ticket, none of the cameras are active all the time, they always flash, but only record during certain times. Appartenly the company that owns and opreates the stationary units charges the municipality by the hour, so they aren't always live, but they always flash.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I got ticketed by photo radar on the 51 2 years back. Recieved a nice photo of myself in the mail of me speeding, going ** in 65 zone. It cost me $150 and I now don't even mess w/ them... I stay @ or just below the speed limit if I'm in any " photo enforcement zone". They slowed me down! Bastards.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
LOL yeah when I got mine there was url to view the video of me speeding by....jerks! lol
(didn't know they had them in those areas.....) not in utah, far as I know....... but lol, you shoulda posted that video here (i'm sure they delete it after a while [:D])

·
Registered
85 Posts
Man, and I thought the red light cameras were a PITA. Glad I live in Houston. Just ask the to provide supporting proof that it is you driving the car after you request to go to trial, they should let you off the hook, because there is no accusing police officer to testify against you. Thus, the simple fact that you were driving the car cannot be proven. That's how I made my case when I got a red light camera ticket.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Hopefully Gov Janet will be gone next year. The cameras are barely making enough to pay the company that services them, and will eventually be shut off again. That would be funny if I got my picture in the mail.

I would love a picture of AWESOME sitting on my desk!

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
not yet, i try not to speed, but one thing that really bothers me now that the cameras are up, is that everyone is doing 5-10 UNDER the speed limit, and that just really pisses me off especially when i have to be somewhere at a certain time

·
Registered
186 Posts
be careful on price road near the 60. neighborhoods have been complaining about people speeding down price so the cops are out in force.

i should know, i got nailed doing ** in a 45 where i always go about **. cop gave me a ticket, 171$ and 2 points or a day in traffic school (which i have scheduled for this saturday!!)

BOO!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
price road is notorious for police. it's hard not to speed after sitting in traffic for 30 mins to go 2 miles.

·
Registered
65 Posts
ya i live out in maricopa and they always have the vans on the side of the road
they are gettin crazy with the camras, went to cali, and the 10 through town has the like every mile
been flashed a few times, but never got a ticket[burnout]

·
Registered
41 Posts
These cameras are sprouting up like weeds. With the high gas prices from last summer, I got into the habit of slowing down. I usually cruise at about ** soit's not really an issue unless i'm in a 55 mph zone. Plus i'm getting close to 30mpg!

Just an FYI on the cameras, if the speed limit is 55, you are allowed 10mph over. 65, you are allowed 11 over. According to the news anyway.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I wonder if there have actually been accidents because of people slamming on their brakes before the cameras or from the flashes blinding people

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
LOL yeah when I got mine there was url to view the video of me speeding by....jerks! lol
I've got nailed by a red-light camera over 2 years ago. I got the paperwork in the mail a few weeks later since they sent it to my old address in Ohio first as I still had my Ohio tags. I got the url to see for myself and screen captured the video. I never sent paper work in and I've never heard anything about it since. I had no problems registering my car in Cali either. Go figure.

Anyways for those that want to see the video [:D] [thankyou]

But anyways. I've never seen any of those speed cameras on the highway. I do know that I've seen some accidents many many close calls because people slamming on their brakes on a yellow as if it were a red. I think these "camera" do more harm then good. Out here in Southern California, if you're not going like 80 it's always the people doing at or below the speed limit is what screws up traffic and causes the accidents. Just let traffic flow....

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
That's great!

You definitely ran that light though.
It was red before you even hit the crosswalk.
Too funny seeing your car rip through there! LOL!

·
Registered
417 Posts
took me awhile to spot ya but i did thats [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g funny. But riverratrider is correct.

·
Registered
199 Posts
wow, i was not thinking it would be that drastic, that was hilarious because i was not concentrating on the turning lane, just the center one then all of a sudden this red focus comes flying by.. Awesome! haha

1 - 20 of 20 Posts