Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i recently just did my clutch and i was driving and one of my axles busted. i was wondering if anyone knew where to get better axles or if anyone has any?

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
did it actually snap an axel or did u forget to put the clips back in the axels when you were reassembling everything? tom at focus power said they are running stock axels on the 500+hp drag car on slicks and have never broke an axel. it is however possible to ruin some by being improperly installed. i know that last bit from a personal BAD experience. i put it back together without the clips drove for awhile thrilled to death then went to gas it around a corner and suddenly the motor revs but i didn't accellerate. i pulled over put it in gear tried to go but nada. the speedo would go up but the car wouldn't move. got out and checked for snapped axels and they were good but i grabbed one and it had about an inch of play from the wheel to the tran, where it should have almost none. if that happened to you then your axle clips were on wrong or weren't on at all most likely. but as far as axle replacement i would get OE just based on what tom told me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts