Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ow the beep do they come off? Is there a how to for SVTF Clutch install? j/w guys, I'm already apart in the garage...[thumb]

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^Got it covered. Snap-On FTW!!!!! XT7100! 700Ft/lbs :) just dont have a damned compressor. well, I think I may write this one up as a how-to or something.

·
Registered
342 Posts
what ever you do make sure you dont strip the threads off axle.lots of pb blaster

·
Registered
13 Posts
what year is it?? I just took mine off two weeks ago and had a little issue but nothing that bad. maybe mine were just loose??? [wrenchin]

·
Registered
152 Posts
Mine 'was' a 32mm but ended up rounding slightly - hammered an imperial socket on - torque wrench and an 8 foot scaffold tube. Easy as pie!! Btw i'm not joking with the 8 foot!! Best of luck!!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got em with impact tonight. hammered about 60 secs. approx on each side, and came loose.

My car is in pieces... just gotta unbolt the tranny now.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Most axle nuts have tabs that keep them in place that must be pryed back before removal.
Removal of these tabs splits the nut into its four component pieces. Do NOT remove as it will make removal of the retaining nut as a complete unit VERY difficult. I made this mistake once - never again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts