Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, my friend owns a 2000 zx3 focus, and I was wondering what type of axle backs are there for the focus. If there are none, whats a decent 2.25" cat-back, as most likely this will be his only performance mod. Thanks.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
I dont know of any axle backs, but there are cat backs from magnaflow, borla, MBRP, OBX, focussport and many other places. Personally i have magnaflow and love it. Not loud at drivings speeds, but when u get on it people notice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, what about cost. As my friend would prolly doesn't want to spend that much on the system. I heard MBRP is decent, and doesnt cost a whole lot. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
789 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
yonoka is making stuff for the focus now??

the thermal will bea round 530 shipped and the hks will be around 650 shipped depending!

the cheapest one is probably the mbrp

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
BigRed03 said:
i got my magnaflow from www.steedafocus.com for like $330 i think (i was in town so i picked it up). The borla is alittle more expensive. look around and find some prices
I disagree. Well i do think borla is better but i dont think magnaflow is ricey. It has a nice tone to it, not super deep, but also not ricey sounding.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
Now it depends on the magnaflow. my friend with a staurn redline just cut out his mufflers and put in a magnaflow resonator (14 inches i believe) and it sounds like a civic. My cat back sounds better than his resonator, and he even said that.

·
Registered
789 Posts
project2point said:
yonoka is making stuff for the focus now??

yes they are and for a good price compared to what you would spend if you had a car like a honda or an acura

·
Registered
295 Posts
Just out of curiosity, aren't the Foci flex backs not cat backs, last time I checked, the flex was after the cat, and thats another $250, just for the flex.

·
Registered
295 Posts
^^^^ I stand corrected on the price, but my point is that there are NO cat back exhaust systems available for the Focus, they are all actually flex back because you must buy the flex pipe separately.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts