Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone decided my window was offensive and would look better inside the car. So they threw a brick at it. [thumbd]

They apparently were satisfied with it all over the inside of the car they left my stuff alone. [clap]

So I went home and all i could find was an orange trash bag....so I went for a monochromatic panel van look.

I didn't get a pic of the body damage, but an adjuster may not see it for a week so I may be stuck with the boring 09 Hyundai Sonata for a rental till the middle of next week.

Its a car but a boring underpowered one. I really want my focus back asap.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think they were bored while being couped up in the house during the hurricane. I just done understand why they didn't steal anything.

·
@redwoodone
9,432 Posts
Probably some punk ass kids who didn't realize glass shattering would be as loud as it is. Probably got spooked and took off. Luckily they didn't steal anything.. or your car.

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
Eww, sorry to hear about that man, it sucks that it happened but at least they didn't steal anything right?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Eww, sorry to hear about that man, it sucks that it happened but at least they didn't steal anything right?
Or maybe they did take something [:eek:]

Like Dane Cook said maybe they wanted to do a B&E (not a bacon and egg special)... "WTF DID THEY TAKE?!?!!?!?" "THAT'S IT I WANT A DIVORCE!!!!!"

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They did leave something....a brick...haha. I was a little surprised at how I handled it. I just had my friend find the non emergency number, cop came, got the report and went home. I'm still not all that angry. Upset that it happened but small deductible later and I have my car fixed.

·
Not so green zx3
7,199 Posts
well i respect your composure in such a situation haha. i know i would not be able to keep my cool at all. at the beginning of summer i came back to my car with the mirror hanging off of it, i instantly started flipping out thinking someone messed with my car. turns out my friends dad accidentally hit it with his lawn mower

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Dude, you're just lucky they didn't steal that sweet navajo blanket. [joke]

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with people?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Someone decided my window was offensive and would look better inside the car. So they threw a brick at it. [thumbd]

They apparently were satisfied with it all over the inside of the car they left my stuff alone. [clap]

So I went home and all i could find was an orange trash bag....so I went for a monochromatic panel van look.

I didn't get a pic of the body damage, but an adjuster may not see it for a week so I may be stuck with the boring 09 Hyundai Sonata for a rental till the middle of next week.

Its a car but a boring underpowered one. I really want my focus back asap.
[histerical] [histerical] sux it happened man but huge kudos to you for keeping your sense of humor about it. hopefully it will get fixed sooner rather than later

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dude, you're just lucky they didn't steal that sweet navajo blanket. [joke]

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with people?
The blanket was their to keep muddy bottoms off the seats. Saturday I was at an outdoor concert while Irene was during rain so I threw the blanket down. That's also why there is copious amounts of random Crap in the car.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i respect your composure in such a situation haha. i know i would not be able to keep my cool at all. at the beginning of summer i came back to my car with the mirror hanging off of it, i instantly started flipping out thinking someone messed with my car. turns out my friends dad accidentally hit it with his lawn mower
I didn't see a point in flipping out....now if someone hit it with their cat and took off I would be rather angry. I can't really complain since they didn't steal anything.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
252 Posts
I do have to admit that you did a nice job taping the orange bag over the window lol. Looks professional. All kidding aside, I hate how people get bored and do things like this. To much free time and no guidence. Good luck with your insurance so you can get your car fixed asap.

·
Quarter Tank Racer
2,124 Posts
....now if someone hit it with their cat and took off I would be rather angry.
Posted via FF Mobile
Yeah, I'd be upset too. I mean, you want your car to attract [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]y, but not like that.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The adjuster called me today. There was a little over $700 in damage. The door is getting repainted. The trim on the door at teh bottom of the window that was scuffed is being replaced. They have to take all of the seats and center console out to clean up all the glass as well. I hope to have it back Friday.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
dude you are one optimistic person lol id be f'n pissed and would of threw a huge rant about [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]es lol

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I hear a Lot of people would be pissed. The window can be fixed and it is. I have good coverage and a rental. So no sense in making a big stink over it. They tried to ruin my day and they didn't.
Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 20 of 20 Posts