Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine operates an auction company that deals with reposessions and bank foreclosures. He recently auctioned off a whole lot of stereo equipment from a Car Audio store in Delaware. After the auction was over he noticed that a box had been with held by the bank accidentally and they gave it to him. He took it and was going to post it on e-bay but I saw it and paid him $100 and got the contents. The contents were:

Jl Audio 5x7 Components
JL Audio 5x7 Component Co-axles
Bunch of misc speaker wires and a RF Cap.

The speakers are already ear marked for the doors of the Focus. I would love to have the 6.5" Components in the front but being that I paid so little for these, that will be their new home.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
nice find man !!!
that will mke a great audio system...
i think i will put new speaker to the focus...
with a new headset soon...
whay would be good brand..not to expensive...but good quality...
will not have any amp or whatever..
just headset...

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pioneer and Alpine make some nice units. They sound pretty good with stock speakers but a really nice set of replacement speakers to be run off of the headunit is Memphis try www.memcaraudio.com

·
Registered
97 Posts
what is a good set up for the focus? its been pretty much established through the forum that pioneer and alpine on the h/u but wha about speakers?

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have always been a fan of infinity. Pioneer makes one of the best three way speekers. If you want some awsome components try www.adire.com there are a world famous home stereo company that makes car audio stuff now. I heard these things in a car and WOW! There was even a guy that won a SQ competion with two sets of these speekers and NO WOOFER, that how good they are.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Alpine Type R subs are awesome, but expensive.
JL Audio W7's are kickass, well, anything from JL is kickass
Believe it or not, I like the Sony XPLOD subs, had some a while back, and those things pounded

·
Registered
97 Posts
coastie35 said:
I have always been a fan of infinity. Pioneer makes one of the best three way speekers. If you want some awsome components try www.adire.com there are a world famous home stereo company that makes car audio stuff now. I heard these things in a car and WOW! There was even a guy that won a SQ competion with two sets of these speekers and NO WOOFER, that how good they are.
did he have an amp and what head unit was he running bc i heard components take a lot of power!?!

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Depends on the components. One of the best set of components that I've heard is the CDT Audio 6CL(Think Thats the model) With around 100 watts they sang like nothing I have ever heard.

·
Registered
1 Posts
jisturm said:
Pioneer and Alpine make some nice units. They sound pretty good with stock speakers but a really nice set of replacement speakers to be run off of the headunit is Memphis try www.memcaraudio.com
i just got the memphis 15-mc57, and i agree with you about it sounding nice. i can now crank it as loud as i want without it sounding like crap..[thumb]

·
Registered
134 Posts
i was thinking of getting a powered bazooka 10 just something with a little bump and not to heavy

·
FF Veteran Goofball
5,741 Posts
Good for you about the speakers!!!
I got some basic Alpines last August with a freakin 2 year warranty. Guess what, they are still not installed!? Whoops.... They are still boxed and somewhere in my apartment. Derrrr.... [8] [screwy] What a nerd, I know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts