Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i have some ones opinion on the Avon Tech 550 tires how good are they and are they worth buying? thanx

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
I have been using the Tech 550 A/S tires this year. I loved them...for all seasons, they grip really well....I auto crossed them about 6 times this year and put over 35k on them. They are just now ready to be replaced.

They are great in dry and wet, and will handle a bit of snow as well....they got me to the mtns all winter long with no problems.

They do flat spot while sitting in the garage at night, but after about a mile, they are rounded out. It never bothered me any...its not that bad and pretty common with tires like these.

Like I said, I am up for another set of tires and they are on the top of my list. I would buy them again, hands down.

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
I have a good customer of mine who runs them year round on his Legacy GT..He can't say enough good things about them either. Though he doesn't autocross his car, he's made similar comments as sleestak did above. He said he'd replace them with the same tire, when it comes time.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have two track days that's about 100 laps and 4 autox events and I must say these tires do stick very well. Great in the rain. For everyday use and some competition events they are well worth the money. Unless you are looking for the ultimate tireand that last 100th of a second,these tires are well worth the money. I have them in 205/50-16.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts