Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm just curious how long most people waited for a brand new 2012 Focus in Ontario (also Canada)?

My dealer is trying to locate one for me but so far not much luck so I may just order one.

How long did it take? My dealer says about 4 weeks.

TIA

·
Registered
296 Posts
My build date will be 10 weeks after I ordered, and I'd guess it'll take at least two more to haul it out here to the Wet Coast.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
My build date will be 10 weeks after I ordered, and I'd guess it'll take at least two more to haul it out here to the Wet Coast.
Hillbilly, you've had quite a ride from what I gather based on all of your posts I've read over the past few weeks. I feel for you man! I ordered a month later than you and we have the same build week.

Maybe, just maybe, there is some consolation in that fact that 1) after the two week plant shutdown/vacation, people will be coming back to work refreshed and a little less tired/inattentive, 2) some mainenance was performed on the assembly line machinery during the down time, reducing the possibility of defects, and 3) the version of Sync,MFT will be the most recent, eliminating some of the problems that have been seen in this forum.

Of course I'm basing this on no inside info or anything other than speculation but I really hope you like this car when do finally get it after all you've been through. Hope to hear your comments when you do get the car and have had a little quality time with it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmm, to be patient or grab one off a lot. The one on the lot is a bit away and another dealer would be bringing it to my current dealer.

Heh, just don't like the fact of someone else driving the car but me.

What is a reasonable amount of km for a new car off a lot?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hmmmm, to be patient or grab one off a lot. The one on the lot is a bit away and another dealer would be bringing it to my current dealer.

I had to make the same call...decided to take the one off the lot (dealer trade). It had the exact specs I was after except that it wasn't the colour I wanted (I got Tuxedo Black but really wanted Ingot Silver), but the dealership wasn't confident that a factory order would arrive before my current car came off lease. They also offered to pay my last lease payment on my old car if I took the available black car instead of ordering a silver one. The car I got had 102km's on it. Probably higher than you'd want, but everything looked OK and the deal just felt right, plus I got to drive the car I actually purchased (so at least 10km's of the 102 I put on myself). Plus I'm driving it now and not in 4-8 weeks. Good luck whatever you choose.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I'm in manitoba and I've been quoted 6-8 weeks as well as 7-12.

Reasoning is if they tell you 6-8 and it comes in 9. You're pissed. But if they told you 7-12, then hey! it's 3 weeks early!

The wait is gonna kill me :( I'm ordering mine tomorrow.
It's a shame Ford thinks the demand on titaniums is low that dealers are barely stocking them on lots. Every dealer in the city got 1 or none but it's just not the right options/color for me to drive off in one.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I ordered mine on Tuesday and they told me 8-10 weeks. I'll be pretty pissed if it takes longer than that. Where is the 2012 Focus built anyways?

·
Banned
571 Posts

Why don't you go to the other dealer and drive it home yourself?

·
Banned
571 Posts
I got mine a week after I started looking. I got lucky. One arrived on the lot (spec'd exactly the way i wanted) and the dealer called me. I bought it the next day. While I was doing the deal, someone else took it for a test drive. That bothered me a bit but I was consoled when I found out he wanted to buy it and couldn't [histerical]

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why don't you go to the other dealer and drive it home yourself?
well I already put down my $500 deposit and I ironed out what I thought was a good deal with my dealer. A few extras like oil changes, lube and something else for four years. The dealer says I can't pay for it with them and then go grab it at the other location.

I guess I could go to the other location and purchase it there but I don't know if I'll get the same price and I'm not sure if I can get a refund on my deposit.

·
Banned
571 Posts
Oh, thought you said your dealer was going to have it brought it over. Instead of some car jockey driving it from dealer to dealer, can you do it instead?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh, thought you said your dealer was going to have it brought it over. Instead of some car jockey driving it from dealer to dealer, can you do it instead?
yeah the dealer would have it brought over if the other spot will release it to then. So that means it'll be driven from the other dealer to mine. No flat bed unless I dish out more funds.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I got mine in just under 5 weeks from order to pickup. Though I was quite lucky for timing.

Car now has about 1400 km on it, and it's a joy to drive :3 Needs a wash though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Waiting wasn't an issue for me in terms of _needing_ a car right away (although still made me antsy every day!). Got mine in about 5 weeks:

Order placed - May 18th
VIN # - May 31st
Build date - June 6th
In transit - June 10th (ETA: June 21st)
Delivered to dealer - June 22nd
Picked up - June 24th

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Waiting wasn't an issue for me in terms of _needing_ a car right away (although still made me antsy every day!). Got mine in about 5 weeks:

Order placed - May 18th
VIN # - May 31st
Build date - June 6th
In transit - June 10th (ETA: June 21st)
Delivered to dealer - June 22nd
Picked up - June 24th
Ah, that's not so bad at all. I see you're in Toronto too. Do you mind sharing which dealer you went to?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I must have been lucky. I found a fully loaded Tiitanium with every possible option, even the color at local Texas dealer.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Great.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts