Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know why this isn't talked about more. With other tuners / car models they usually give you an average increase as an example -

(I know this is a turbo engine and I shouldn't expect those gains)

·
FF Affiliate
30,144 Posts
How can I tell you an Avg gain you will see with your Focus and your mods , I cant

If I tell you most are seeing an Avg of say 5-6 HP gain you were to see 3 your going to be unhappy , If you get 8hp gain you will be very happy

There is no way for any Tuner to say what gains you will see and in my opinion its dishonest for any Tuner to give you a #hp gain , The Tuners that do ask them to guarantee it and 99% wont/cant so your right back to really not knowing what the gains are , Most tuners post the best whp they have seen vs an Avg it sells more tuners but again is very dishonest

Part 2 of this is there is far more in a Tune the peek HP/TQ gains , I tune for driveability , throttle response , Trans shifting , MPG , and much much more , the WOT Tuning part is the easiest part and you wont make any more WHP at WOT then my Tune will do getting it from another Tuner

You have to ask your self do you want peek HP gains or an over all good Tune that works better for daily driveability , throttle response , trans shifting , MPG etc etc , After all how much are you at WOT vs part throttle driving

I try to give my Customers an all around good tune that improves the driving experience as well as WOT peek #

Tom

·
Registered
533 Posts
I can't say enough about how smooth my car runs with Tom's Tuning Services.
I had added power with the Injected Engineering tune but being a "can" tune it ran rough and did lots of weird things at times. Hesitation, etc.
With Tom's tune, like he wrote above, the idle is smooth, the drivability is smooth. Mileage went up and when I step on it I get a smooth burst of power through the RPM band. I can't say enough for his service.
I'm working toward getting an F150 in the near future and will be giving Tom a ring to tune that too.

Plus he gave me a 1500 rpm idle tune for cleaning the valves with CRC GDI Valve Cleaner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts