Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone -

I'm the proud owner of a new '03 SVT. I'm hoping somebody can answer a question regarding the AVC function on the audiophile system deck (the 9006).

Supposedly, this increases volume as speed & cabin noise increases, right? The AVC function can be adjusted in various "+" settings, but I haven't been able to detect much (if any) difference. I'm guessing that the increasing "+" increments would correspond to additional amplification, but what's the scale and how does it work?

I read somewhere that this function only affects radio (not CD) volume. If that's the case, it would explain my confusion, since I haven't listened to radio broadcasts at all. It would also make the feature essentially useless to me.

Any clarification would be most welcome. Thanks!

·
Registered
571 Posts
its kinda the whole point that you dont notice it. the focus is, lets face it, a noisey car. if it were a quiter vehichle, you'd notice the difference, and beleive me, it'd piss you off. if your ears are good enough to hear the difference, believe me, its annoying as all hell. i mean imagine it, every time you slow down, your music turns down...[bash] who the F*ck really wants such a 'feature'. As for your question, the higher the number, the bigger the change in volume as you speed up/ slow down. and it works on both cd and radio. i recommend just turning it off, and turn the cd player up all the way. [thumb]

·
Registered
55 Posts
I forget where I read it - maybe the factory shop manual? - but the AVC is driven by the output of the Vehicle Speed Sensor. I've noticed this isn't perfect in practice. But it's OK as a first approximation.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
well.. when I set mine up for my car, I had to keep adjusting it untill I got it to where I liked it. If I had it to high, the difference between stop light and hiway crusing was to much. I finally got it adjusted so that I can't tell the difference weather i am going 0 mph or 70 mph

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.