Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK today I connected my iPod to the stereo for the first time via the auxiliary input. I should note I have an se model so the input Jack is in the globe box (which is a truely terrible spot BTW. ) anyways with the iPod connected the sound is only coming out of the left speakers. If I wiggle the cable a little it fixes it temporarily until I hit a bump or something. Very annoying for a car with 350 miles on it. Any ideas or similar problems? Also the cable I'm haring is brand new could the ends be bad. Thanks in advance for any input.

Lee

·
Registered
263 Posts
Depends on the cable. Bought a brand new cable for my girlfriends car from radio shack and it sucked right away. Bought a higher quality cable and all is well. Try a different cable first. If that doesn't fix your problem, have the dealership take a look

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
I would make sure it's plugged in all the way first. If that doesn't work then try a different cable.

·
Registered
712 Posts
If you can borrow a cable and even another mp3 type device for a test (and the problem still occurs), that of course means it's a problem with the port and you can tell the dealer you have tried a completely different cable and device. Otherwise, they will immediately assume it is your cable or device.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Depends on the cable. Bought a brand new cable for my girlfriends car from radio shack and it sucked right away. Bought a higher quality cable and all is well. Try a different cable first. If that doesn't fix your problem, have the dealership take a look
Mind sharing me the brand that did work ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts