Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AUX port fuse
My daughter has a 2012 Ford focus SE. The radio stopped working so I bought one out of a salvage vehicle. When I installed the radio (receiver) everything works fine except the AUX port in the glovebox. I called the local dealer and the technician said there is a fuse for the port. I have looked online at the fuse diagrams and I can't locate it. The car didn't come with a manual. The car does not have Sync. Any ideas on which fuse it is?

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
If you said aux port doesn't work, they likely assumed aux POWER port - cigarette lighter style power port.

Many of the cars have aux POWER ports of that type at the back of the console along with other aux. power ports (USB).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I explained it in detail what I was looking at. I told them the aux port used to play music from a phone/iPod. I also said it was in the glovebox.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2013 SE with this same issue. I got it used and my aux jack has never worked. It does have SYNC, but my aux jack is in my center console. When I set the car to line-in I get nothing whatsoever from what is connected. I hope somebody has some experience they can let us in on with this. I was hoping to not have to take apart my entire center console to get to my aux jack.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some are located in the glovebox. I had to google/search the web to figure out where it was.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just ran into your thread. I did the exact same thing. Replaced the radio from a 2015 Focus S into my 2012 Focus S. Everything is working well except the AUX port. Did you find a solution to your issue???

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just put the old radio back in and the aux port works just fine. It has something to do with the newer radio and the aux port connection, not the aux port itself... Trying to find the solution, but it's above my skill level. Maybe a newer aux port might work... I just wish I knew how to get the older aux port talking to the newer radio

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also noticed when the aux works with the old radio there's a very low hum of static on the speakers but with the new radio there's nothing like the speakers are turned off

·
Registered
49 Posts
The aux port is just a connector with 3 wires. There are difference in the old and new cd units. Old units have one big connector, an usb port and an antenna connector. The aux port wires goes in the big connector at pin 17 & 18 for right and left channel and pin 6 for ground.
Now the new cd units have two big connectors. The aux port is routed trought the bluetooth/voice module then passed to the cd unit on the above mentioned pins. So the wiring in this two situation are diffrent.
First picture you see old cd unit with usb connector and second picture you can see new unit with two big connector. Pin 17, 18 and 6 are located on the big connector from the first picture, respectively the connector an the left side on the second picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
The aux port is just a connector with 3 wires. There are difference in the old and new cd units. Old units have one big connector, an usb port and an antenna connector. The aux port wires goes in the big connector at pin 17 & 18 for right and left channel and pin 6 for ground.
Now the new cd units have two big connectors. The aux port is routed trought the bluetooth/voice module then passed to the cd unit on the above mentioned pins. So the wiring in this two situation are diffrent.
First picture you see old cd unit with usb connector and second picture you can see new unit with two big connector. Pin 17, 18 and 6 are located on the big connector from the first picture, respectively the connector an the left side on the second picture.
Thanks for the reply, both of my radios look exactly the same, the one in the photo. I guess I was just hoping that getting the same ports would equal same function haha. The wiring harness goes to the slot in the right, is there a way to add another aux to the left side port?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just ran into your thread. I did the exact same thing. Replaced the radio from a 2015 Focus S into my 2012 Focus S. Everything is working well except the AUX port. Did you find a solution to your issue???
Having the same issue as well did you ever figure it out?

·
Registered
11 Posts
The radio from the 2015 has a different part number, I was just hoping it would work since it physically the same in all aspects to include the cable port sizes. I was worried about buying a same year radio used because they're notorious for going bad (the same reason I had to replace mine) and they're more expensive on eBay.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I got ya. The radio in my '12 quit working a few weeks ago and I bought a used one on eBay for $65. Hopefully it works for the remainder of the car. I just didn't want to spend hundreds on a new double din set up. If you find a work around/fix for your setup, let me know please.

Thanks!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah I was thinking the same thing, when I was looking the only 12 radios were 100+ but I got this 15 radio for 45.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts