Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife just factory ordered a 2012 Focus SE. She said there's no ipod/AUX jack in the center console. I was told the AUX might be in the glove box. Can someone confirm this? The salesman didn't have a clue [dunno] and the dealership is too far away to re-visit until the car arrives (We really live in the boondocks.)

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Glove compartment. Upper left corner.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just picked up a 2012 Focus SE. I wonder if it has to do with what stereo/Synch or package have. My AUX input is in the armrest storage box. I have the 203A package.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Moved to "Car Audio & Electronics"

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aux on 203A is Different, I Believe

My wife ordered her Focus SE with package 201A. The 201A package has the Aux jack in the glove box - based on previous responses.

I just picked up a 2012 Focus SE. I wonder if it has to do with what stereo/Synch or package have. My AUX input is in the armrest storage box. I have the 203A package.

·
Registered
968 Posts
If you upgrade to the 203a you get an aux plug and usb input in the center console, the basic SE just has an aux plug in the glove box.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't want or need the gadgets in the 203a, so the glove box is okay.

If you upgrade to the 203a you get an aux plug and usb input in the center console, the basic SE just has an aux plug in the glove box.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
89 Posts
Here's a question. I am currently using a 1/8th in plug for my I pod. If I get a chord that plugs into the USB port, will this allow song info to be displayed on the screen?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't think you'll get any song info displayed, since the 1/8th plug is not a dedicated line in. I'm just guessing but that's how it works on my Mazda 3i.

Here's a question. I am currently using a 1/8th in plug for my I pod. If I get a chord that plugs into the USB port, will this allow song info to be displayed on the screen?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I don't think you'll get any song info displayed, since the 1/8th plug is not a dedicated line in. I'm just guessing but that's how it works on my Mazda 3i.
I got it all sorted out over the weekend. I went to the Apple Store and bought a new chord for my iPod, Apple connector on one end USB on the other. I connected the iPod to the USB port in the center console. Then turned on the radio, pushed the AUX button, clicked the voice button on the steering wheel, said "USB", and voila! iPod connected. Both song and band info are now displayed on the screen, and it charges the iPod as well. Another bonus is that I can now control the iPod from the buttons on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You must have Synch or MyFordTouch on your car. I have neither (and don't want either.)

I got it all sorted out over the weekend. I went to the Apple Store and bought a new chord for my iPod, Apple connector on one end USB on the other. I connected the iPod to the USB port in the center console. Then turned on the radio, pushed the AUX button, clicked the voice button on the steering wheel, said "USB", and voila! iPod connected. Both song and band info are now displayed on the screen, and it charges the iPod as well. Another bonus is that I can now control the iPod from the buttons on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
416 Posts
dan0....wish I'd gotten to you sooner, because if you have MFT/Sync, then you should've purchased a Composite cable which as a USB/RCA plugs that go into an iPod. This would allow you to play video from you iPod (if equipped to do so). Of course you have to be in Park to do it, but still pretty cool.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Found Aux input

1. Be patient,

2. Slowly slide index finger up from USB port about 1 "

3. You will feel a small bump. This is it. Get your Aux plug and slide it gently around and across the bump. It should slide right in. I just leave my line plugged in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts