Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I go into ford today cause the service guy is my sisters friend and hes bad as hell :D well he goes come on in we got it torn apart and I'll show you all about it. Ok...so I driove over in my nice Taurus rental car that I finally got after a lot of bitching...first rental car ever from there, but nice...no cd player bah!!! well I get to my car its on the lift and strangely enough no wheel is off, yet its torn apart?!?!?!? Ok so I get there and the whole bottom of the trans is ripped out. Well what your problem was... see this grey stuff we used to seal off your trans? well thats kinda what caused the problem of the trans slipping and the clutches burning out so I think its our fault. The last trans guy put a little too muhc on there andit was seeping into the trans and tearing off causeing pieces of it to get stuck in things. But remember don't beat the shit outta it cause its a little 4 banger you know...also some kind of piece burnt out as well and they recieved it that morning and were going to put it in but couldn't because it was damaged during shipping so back it went and I'm getting a new piece :D at least their new trans guy isn't an ass and will actually fix it right the THIRD time lol...he was like yah I saw it was messed up a bit and didn't want to put in a bad piece unlike the other guy...sweeeeet. so I'll prolly get my car back thursday... YAH!!!
-Joe

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
See? Remember when I warned you guys about using that gasket-in-a tube silicone stuff.
When I ran a fleet maint shop we had so many problems caused by that crap that I made every mechanic throw his tube away. Of course, now days you can't live without it, but it'll still get you into trouble if you're not careful.

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jealm you seem to be right on that one though cause its been there for the third time on everything else and finally getting fixed now. And blurv, why weren't you fixing my trans the second time then ;D it woulda been a lot better :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts