Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I like how they used the same style from the focus to the escape looks nice also u still use ICQ i forgot about that whole chat thing along time ago lolz

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Looks like Ford is really making good with cost cutting with a lot of either shared or highly similar parts/designs across the vehicles now. Makes production easier, of course.

·
Registered
49 Posts
not excactly sure if its cost cutting i mean the body design is the same doesnt mean its the same part/size etc. I think it ws because the body style wow very popular that they dont want to change that too much and want to appeal to customers. if u look at the rear taillight it also looks like it was evos inspired too.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm glad that Ford is bringing out the new grille for the Escape too, it looks a lot nicer than the old, boxy design.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like how they used the same style from the focus to the escape looks nice also u still use ICQ i forgot about that whole chat thing along time ago lolz
ICQ was actually the first im I used. I've kept it only to see if anyone else who I knew then ever logs on (nope).

·
Registered
49 Posts
ICQ was actually the first im I used. I've kept it only to see if anyone else who I knew then ever logs on (nope).
It was ICQ AIM and MSN Messenger i still keep msn or live now just in case but lolz thats old. [80?]

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
not excactly sure if its cost cutting i mean the body design is the same doesnt mean its the same part/size etc. I think it ws because the body style wow very popular that they dont want to change that too much and want to appeal to customers. if u look at the rear taillight it also looks like it was evos inspired too.
Not talking body, talking interior. Like the Fiesta/Focus, I'm certain that center radio stack is the same piece with the same "cell-phone" button layout. It makes sense. Things like the light control cluster are also probably the same, just because it fits the design AND it's already being made.

And even if they aren't identical, having like-shaped/designed parts makes manufacturing easy because it's not a radically different design, so it takes a lot of the guesswork out of the manufacturing preparation.

EDIT: From the small picture alone I can gather that if not identical these parts are VERY similar: radio control stack, shift knob, door handles, gauge cluster, and steering wheel.

This makes sense. Saves Ford some money while at the same time keeping design consistent throughout the line-up. It's a smart move, and even would allow the drivers of one model be more easily adjusted to the other if they transferred or were to compliment one with the other at home.

I for one would love driving an Escape (hate big trucks, small would suffice) if it felt somewhat like the Focus inside. Having the same steering wheel, cluster, and center stack (even the MFT variant is VERY similar, but that's definitely different as it seems like the CD insert is ABOVE the MFT screen, not below, judging by the MFT video showing off the new coat of paint and polish) would go a long way in making a driver feel comfortable in a new setting.

Here's Motortrend with the MFT variant: looks like you can add HVAC and heated seat controls and e-brake handle to that list. Every little bit they don't have to manufacture elsewhere saves time and money.

I think I'd feel right at home in a 13' Escape :)

http://wot.motortrend.com/refreshin...escape-137467.html/2013-ford-escape-interior/

·
Registered
130 Posts
Here's Motortrend with the MFT variant: looks like you can add HVAC and heated seat controls and e-brake handle to that list. Every little bit they don't have to manufacture elsewhere saves time and money.

I think I'd feel right at home in a 13' Escape :)

http://wot.motortrend.com/refreshing-or-revolting-2013-ford-escape-137467.html/2013-ford-escape-interior/
Yeah, the escape is second car to have only one LCD in the guage cluster. It also has the climate controls seperate from the Sony head unit unlike the other MFT vehicles other than Focus. I wonder if this is a trend or just vehicle specific.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, it's called the Kuga over here, as it is based upon the Mk3 Focus, 2012 to you guys, as the previous model was also based on the Mk2.5 Focus, it will share many of the interior looks and parts.
Chris

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Hi, it's called the Kuga over here, as it is based upon the Mk3 Focus, 2012 to you guys, as the previous model was also based on the Mk2.5 Focus, it will share many of the interior looks and parts.
Chris
Figured as much. Smart move by Ford, not only does it keep the design language consistent, it also saves time and money because manufacturing can be done supporting multiple vehicles with one part.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Sounds like a great place to get a turboed Duratec for the Focus[cheers]. I'm sure there'll be a few in the parts yards by the end of 2012.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts