Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my copy of the Oct. 2011 edition of Automobile which like the Motor Trend from a few months ago gives a rundown and small review of the newest cars across the spectrum.

Here's what they had to say about the Focus:

"For 2012, the Focus vaults from worst to first. Although a fully loaded model costs nearly $30,000, you still get the Focus's best attributes in the $17,295 base car. The progressive steering, the superb ride, the poised handling, and the enthusiastic 2.0-liter four-cylinder make the Focus more fun than any other compact car on the market.

On Sale: Now
Price: $17,295
Achievement: Chassis excellence"

Alright, another +1 on the positive reviews! We also shared the page with the Porsche Cayman R, the Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec, and the Nissan GT-R :D

They also mentioned that the Civic remains a "good all-around compact car. Unfortunately, the rest of the class has moved well past 'good'."

Alright!

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Most good cars when the design comes out ar great. Then as the field catches up, and then passes the once great design.. the car is sadly dated.
We SHOULD have had the new design Focus at least a year earlier. So yes the second generation Focus WAS dated badly by the time the third arrived on the scene.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Worst to first! that makes no sense. The focus always got good reviews even won some awards.
Indeed. We lagged behind the rest of the world when it comes to the Focus. They got the 2nd gen in 2004, we still had the first gen (with tweaks) up until the 2008 MY. Even though the US 2nd gen was a good all around economy car, like the new civic, it was just good, while everyone else was making strides ahead, it was still just a plain econobox.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I love my Focus, but most magazines like this (MotorTrend, Car and Driver, etc) don't take into account reliability. If they had, it may have read "From 1st to 21st", a play on how Ford has fallen in reliability from near the top of the list to 20-something - namely because of technology (AKA MFT).

Tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts