Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone that has logged with the autometer wideband please give me the correct formula to put in the sct software? I called sct and they said to call autometer. I called autometer and they said they have no idea what I'm talking about??

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Stollen from another forum
You insert the formula in Livelink when you are on the chart page (after selecting what you wish to log). I forget exactly where but I believe it was off the main menu bar, it took me all of 5 seconds to find it. There is a pull down menu that lists common widebands and the corresponding formula for them. Here is an example of how you find your formula if it isn't listed...

I have an Innovate LC-1 and with the LC-1 the wideband outputs 0 to 5 Volts where
0V=7.35 AFR <what is your widebands AFR at 0v?
5V=22.39 AFR <what is your widewbands AFR at it's max voltage?

Use the equation of a line y=mx+b or in this case AFR=m*V+b. (Remember you need to solve for m &b) I plugged in 7.35=m*0 + b thus b=7.35. You now have AFR=m*V+7.35, and plug in
22.39=m*5+7.35. This gives m=3.008, I just called it 3. So the formula I ended up with was AFR=3*V+7.35, and low and behold Livelink already had that formula listed for the LC1. But hey, it is nice to know that algebra is almost useful in real life.
I think the (V*2)+10 is what I use with a minor tweak on the 10. Might be 9.9 or 10.1 or something like that. Basically with no Tune at a warm engine in closed loop at idle should be dang close to 14.7 so that is how I adjusted mine.

I am sure Tom has a more sound way to do it.

Reactions: UnFocusedST

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Stollen from another forum

I think the (V*2)+10 is what I use with a minor tweak on the 10. Might be 9.9 or 10.1 or something like that. Basically with no Tune at a warm engine in closed loop at idle should be dang close to 14.7 so that is how I adjusted mine.

I am sure Tom has a more sound way to do it.

Thanks for that. I couldn't find a formula. The thing with the autometer that I was trying to figure out was if it mattered what you set you gauge to read. It does. So if my meter is set to a different range than yours, we would use different formulas. Mine is set to read betweem 10-17. So if I did my math right, I get (V*1.75)+10. I'm getting ready to hook up the laptop and go for a ride to see what it shows in the sct program.

Edit: That formula didn't work. I can get the gauge to read the same as the sct software at idle. The problem I'm having is getting it to read the same as the gauge at wide open throttle. The gauge is reading 10 but the laptop is in the high 14's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts