Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
your killing my fun
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2003 zetec automatic has lost park im trying to figure out how to fix this as long as a minor shift problem. i was also thinking about just replacing my transmission with a street and strip automatic ive seen them advertised for the car somewhere before and would be interested in locating one if you know a cheaper or easier way to get more performance out of the trans and to fix the problem let me know.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Well, I don't know what you would have to do to fix the problem with the transmission not staying in park (I think that's the problem you have right?), however, there are a few options for squeezing more performance from the ATX.

The cheapest, and easiest way (once the park issue is addressed) is to get a chip. I don't have one, but I understand that one will firm up the shift points and also make them more aggressive RPM wise.

A second, more expensive and labor intensive option would to be basically rebuild your transmission for more performance. I know there are recalibrated valve bodies and such available, but it would be expensive, expecially if you don't have the skills to do it yourself.

The third option would be to buy yourself a Lentech automatic. There are multiple members on this site that are using these with excellent results.

A final, less likely option would be to swap the ATX for a MTX-75 (factory 5-speed). It is possible, but takes a lot of work, and is expensive. That is all I will say about that topic, because a simple search on this forum will give you all the information you need to know..you will be reading for hours and hours.

On a side note...happy 500th post to me. [cool] [:D] [cool]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts