Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup all you focus lovers, does anyone with an atx have a problem with the tranny. I have an 03 ZX5 and when I put it in reverse and step on the gas, I get a slight rumble. Is this normal? Let me know if you can..peace[8]

·
Registered
607 Posts
first off do you come to a complete stop before you put it into reverse.........where is this rumbling coming from?? was it a sudden thing progressive

as for the second post......wtf?????

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It happens when I park the car and it happens when I put it in drive and then put it in reverse . Foot is on the brake. It doesn't do it often (every time) but it does do it. The sound seems to be coming from the transmission. It just maybe a ford thang. Thanks for the reply's. The car has only 10.000 miles on it.

·
Registered
400 Posts
i get it once in a while....it means the gear isnt engaged all the way(basically u put it in reverse and try takin off tooo quickly)....put it in reverse and wait 2 seconds then give it gas

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
yeah. wait til you feel the car actually engage in gear before hitting the gas. also, always come to a complete stop before shifting gears. you'll save a LOT of wear and tear this way!

Mike

·
Registered
200 Posts
I had the same problem but it was the rear engine mount, the one thet goes under the car. Its only 2 bolts, and it costs about $50.00. Mine is MTX but it should be the same "I guess"

·
Registered
690 Posts
I had the same proble, a couple of months ago, mine happened every time i put it into reverse though. The problem lasted about a week and have had a problem with it since.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I meant to say that i have NOT had a problem with it since,sorry

·
Registered
1 Posts
It happens when I park the car and it happens when I put it in drive and then put it in reverse . Foot is on the brake. It doesn't do it often (every time) but it does do it. The sound seems to be coming from the transmission. It just maybe a ford thang. Thanks for the reply's. The car has only 10.000 miles on it.
What is the noise coming from?

·
Registered
17,490 Posts
Probably just a heat shield vibrating, what it often is. Harmless other than bothersome.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Check your trans mount--it's easy--right under the air intake box.

Mine failed and I would hear a metal-on-metal groan when starting from a stop suddenly. Could explain why you hear it going into reverse--the engine/trans have slid backward while driving forward, then it slides forward when you reverse.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts