Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my 00 spi with aautomatic transmission would shift to 3rd gear but there was no gear there. I replaced the solenoid and now it won't shift to 3rd at all now. You can run it up to 60 and it still won't shift. It throw a p0771 code after i replaced the solenoid. Any help???

·
Registered
17,175 Posts
'...transmission would shift to 3rd gear but there was no gear there. I replaced the solenoid and now it won't shift to 3rd at all now.'

So, what's the difference there? Dang if I can see it..............all the PWM solenoids are supposed to be OFF in 3rd. Could be a hydraulic leak of some sort as direct is needed there and trans end cover wear can lose the direct clutch.

Changing a single solenoid was worthless if you changed wrong one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for moving it to the correct thread. As far as everything I read the solenoid I replaced was the problem. Before I replaced it iccould go above 35 because it would shift to 3rd gear but there was no gear there it was like shifting to neutral. Now it won'tshift past 2ND but Iit will go 60 safely I'mnot pushing it past that. Don'twant to have to put a mmotor in it too. Lol

·
Registered
637 Posts
You do 60 in 2nd??? Good god man. First thing is first. Hows your fluid? Make sure to check it when the car I hot and running. Level ground is a must!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol I don'tnnormally do 60 in 2nd I was just trying to get it to shift to 3rd to see if it would. I used new fluid when i changed the solenoid.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Which solenoid did you replace? That code can be thrown for low fluid, dirty fluid, or in your case it was most likely for the (E) solenoid. Check the connections and wiring. It could be a poor connection seeing as how it threw the code after you touched it. maybe something was distributed

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay if you're underneath the car you have three solenoids on the drivers side that are bigger and three solenoids on the passenger side the passenger side middle one is the one I replacedI've check the fluid level and it is full when hot sitting level the fluids a little brown but not terrible bad

·
Registered
17,175 Posts
E is DRIVER side middle solenoid.................you changed A.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The reason I did was I didn't have a code before I replaced the A solenoid it just have 3rd gear. It was like you put it in neutral. Now that I replaced it it set the code for E solenoid and won'tshift to 3rd. But thank you i am going to look into that solenoid and see how much it is and if it'sworth rreplacing it or just put a trans in it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts